The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After a long day

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

After a long day Empty After a long day

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:42 am

Adonia had had a long day. She had just come from the infirmary, the insanity of meeting Ruairi, the giant Celt, and meeting Iva, the resident witch doctor. Her cuts were definitely feeling better, but they still stung and hurt quite a bit, so she decided to head to the baths for a soak. "Bloody redhead" she muttered remembering his kiss, and then sighing to herself. "I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on him though..." she conceded to herself. "I doubt he knows better.."

Normally, she preferred to go out to the lake for her swims, but since the baths were closer and she felt ill, she decided to make an exception. In addition to her bath bag, she had brought her sketchbook and pencils, and thus was happy to find the baths seemed deserted.

Being the prudish young lady that she was, she simply dissolved her water dress, undid her long ponytail, and slid into the water still in her scale clothing leaving her sketchbook and other articles a short distance from the edge of the bath. She swam about under the water for a bit before sitting and laying her head back on her hair, closing her eyes to enjoying the stillness.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
After a long day Left_bar_bleue380/400After a long day Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

After a long day Empty Re: After a long day

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 am

Galene walked through the corridors with her members soar from having been working with metal. Her whip and shield were perfect but she was so tired and dirty that she thought it would be good to take a long bath.

Not in the lake of course, she was afraid to meet somebody else, like RuairĂ­, and end up getting embarrassed, so she walked to the bathhouse.

There, took her clothes off, but not her blindfold, covering herself with a towel and entered the main pool where she heard some noises, besides those in the water.

"Hello?" she called out, sitting near the sketchbook that Adonia had left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 pm

((have Galene and Adonia ever actually met?... I don't remember, so I'll act as if they haven't I guess XD Lemme know if I'm wrong and I'll adjust this post X3))

Adonia's eyes opened rather suddenly accompanied an almost undetectable sharp inhale. She hadn't heard anyone come into the baths and thus was rather surprised. She sat up, turning her head to see who was there. She was mildly surprised to see a young gorgon lady in a towel and blindfold sitting by her bath supplies and... her sketchbook.

"H-hello there" she said politely watching the rainbow pony's snake hair sway and coil, wondering vaguely if their minds were connected to that of the girl. "I don't believe that we have met. I am Adonia, fourth year siren of Hera. Its a pleasure to meet you." she said brushing a few stray hairs out of her face and bowing slightly, though she doubted the young lady could see her through the blindfold.

Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
After a long day Left_bar_bleue380/400After a long day Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:33 pm

((I think they have XD Well, let's pretend that Galene knows Adonia but Adonia doesn't know her xD))

As Galene's voice echoed through the bathhouse, waiting for an answer, her snakes started to smell the air, though they didn't like that rainbow ponies at all. It was way to hot for them so Galene always put some fresh water over her head while bathing.

A positive response came to her ears when a familiar voice replied. She didn't know who it was, only that it was familiar enough and when the girl introduced herself, Galene nodded in understand.

"Oh, I've heard about you... I'm Galene Nike, also a fourth year but of Amphitrite and Poseidon." she said, entering the water more "Nice to meet you too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Adonia watched the girl curiously, breathing a sigh of relief as she moved away from the sketchbook. She felt as if she had seen her around the Athenaeum before... perhaps at some of the parties? She decided to try and make conversation.

"So... how are you this evening?" she said politely, her voice cracking ever so slightly as she received a sharp pain from one of her scratches. She shifted slightly in the water to try and soothe the troublesome cut on her side as she waited for the gorgon to respond.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Galene let herself in the water until it reached her shoulders, leaving her towel behind. "I'm tired... very tired actually. I was in the forge, working my weapon and talking to Jack in the meantime." she said, feeling her muscles soar.

The change of tone on Adonia's voice made Galene raise an eyebrow. "You've been training too or just fell of a cliff?" she asked, curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Adonia's ears perked as the gorgon me-ntioned ((hee hee I cheat the ponies XDD)) Jack. "Oh you know Jack?" she said with a smile. "Yes I imagine working in the forge would be exhausting... I've never tried it myself, but it looks tiring to say the least."

Adonia turned a bit pink at the goron's question. "Er... well yes... I was training with my whips today and well..... see, I haven't slept much in the last few days... so er... I kind of ended up beating myself a bit." she admitted sheepishly, resisting the urge to scratch at the itching cuts.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm

"Yes, I do. Since he was in the fifth year." Galene nodded and remembered the talk she had with Jack about Adonia. "Actually, we talked about you." she smiled a bit, still happy that Jack had found somebody else. "And yes, it is... working with iron and metal requires too rainbow pony muscles.."

Galene perked as she hears that she fought with whips too "Oh, whip user too? I was working on my whip today, actually. It's a fine piece if you know how to rainbow pony it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm

((D< NOOOO RAINBOW PONY ATTACK))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
After a long day Left_bar_bleue1000/1000After a long day Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Adonia's ears twitched at Galene's words... She was very curious about what Jack had had to say about her. "Did you" she asked nonchalantly. "I would imagine it would... being a siren, that wouldn't be the problem so much I guess... I just don't know what I'm doing" she said with a giggle.

Adonia nodded "Indeed they are a wonderful weapon" she said grinning. "Just not when one is sleep deprived." she said with a grimace. "I have a lot to learn about them really."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:07 pm

"Yes, there's a rumour that you and him are together... which I think it's quite, erm, cute." not the word that she was looking for but it slipped through her lips with a shrug of shoulders. "I think he deserves it."

"Then don't do it again... you want to be full percent in training and in the torname-nt." she said with a small nod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Adonia turned a bit pink at the gorgon's noting her status with Jack, but as per Amaranths advice, she decided not to hide it.
"Y-yes, we are" she said as firmly as she could, smiling to herself thinking about when she had last seen him, but also noting the gorgon's hesitating speech about the subject. "Thank you" she said turning pink again. "I just hope he's as happy about it as I am."

"Obviously" she grinned in response to the rainbow ponies about her training. "But I wasn't thinking clearly so it never occurred to me." she shrugged. "I should be better though from now on, though." she said gesturing to her bag, forgetting that the gorgon couldn't see her do so. "Iva gave me some medicine to help me sleep." she said with a grin.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 pm

As Adonia approved it, Galene figured the love was from both sides and that was even greater. The thing that was even better was that Adonia couldn't turn him into stone and that they wouldn't fight at the end of the year. "I know he is... believe me." she said, remembering the talk where Jack spoke about his past.

"Iva? The doctor?" Galene tilted her head to the side, blinking her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Adonia blushed a bright pink as Galene assured her of Jack's happiness. "I know he has something troubling him" she said uncertainly, remembering that night in the temple with Jack, and the fear and pain in his eyes. She had never been able to get a coherent word out of him about it that night. She had just held him as he cried. "I just don't know what" she admitted sadly.

"Yes" she said with a smile. "I'm going to try them tonight. I may finally sleep through the night."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Galene blinked her eyes and tilted her head "You don't know what happened to Jack?" she was quite surprised, Galene always thought that Jack had told her. After all, wasn't Adonia the one that he loved now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Adonia smiled sadly. "He tried to tell me" she chocked remembering how distraught he had been. "He really did..... he just... couldn't speak." Adonia's eyes teared at the memory. "I haven't asked him about it since then... I don't want him to be in pain like that again..." she wiped her eyes and sniffed before turning back to her. "It just seems to cruel to do that to him." he said with a sad smile.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Galene frowned lightly, hearing Adonia's voice "I do know what happened... but I don't know if I should tell you, I don't know if he wants that. And I don't think you should ask him... it was far too painful when he told me." she said with a sad sigh, remembering that awful day of confessions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Adonia fidgeted a bit. "I know..." she said sadly. "I can't help but want to know... but..." she teared again remembering that day once more. "I don't want to see him like that again... particularly not on my account" she said sadly. "I'll just have to understand that he has a past pain and try to be there to comfort him if I can."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm

"Please be there... I believe he won't endure another lost." Galene said, ordering for a bucket of cold water to the Naiads that soon enough brought it to her. She placed her hands in a shell form, taking some water to refresh her snakes.

"He has suffered enough and I do know he doesn't want to suffer again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:41 pm

"Another loss?" Adonia whispered. "So that's what it was.... that's why he said don't leave...." she murmured to herself, shaking her head as she realized what she was saying. "Oh I'll be there" she said, determination in her voice. "I won't have him suffering alone... not while I'm around."

((hee hee I be quoting musicals XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm

((LOL Sweeney Todd xD it would be epic if Galene would start singing xD))

"Yes... it seems that Jack has lost his mind with you too." Galene said, noticing her words, mumbled so lowly to herself. She sighed and nodded "Good, he also seems to be liking you very much."

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Adonia blushed a furious pink. "Yes... he... wasn't well... to say the least. I suppose he must like me what with the way he acts around me" she said smiling though still blushing. Why was talking about this so difficult?! she though.

((hee hee yay you caught it! Adonia would love to sing it... but she might kill someone T^T))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 pm

((Of course, it's one of my favorite musicals~ The kid's voice is simply amazing~))

Galene's mouth curled into a smile once more and sighed "Glad he does... but you seem a bit... embarrassed while talking about this. Sorry, we should change subject." she said, while keeping her snakes fresh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Adonia was glad to hear Jack seemed happy and laughed at the gorgon's observation. "I just have trouble talking about some thing still" she said cheerfully. "Living all alone all my life has made me a bit of a... recluse" she said with a grin. "If anything, you're helping me, but we can certainly change the subject" she said kindly
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 pm

"Recluse? I have tasted love and I quite miss it... but rainbow pony guys from her don't deserve love..." she said, rolling her eyes remembering how RuairĂ­ was. Quite a player. Nice, but a tad too flirty. "And if you think I can help you we can go on. Expressing your feelings is good." she said, biting her lip. She wasn't one to talk about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next