The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't sleep in the library...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't sleep in the library... - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't sleep in the library...

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Ced? Nobody had ever talked to him like that. He thought that the best was to nod and smiled "It's okay. Ced is fine." he said and turned to Aimée "They have been going great, I think I'm improving much! And you?" he said, trying to make eye contact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 pm

"Good. Cedric just seems so..." Jane was about to say 'old-fashioned' but everything about this guy was old-fashioned. So she let her voice trail off and decided that sitting out on the conversation for a while was a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:00 pm

"Hmmmm I need more practice....or practice with some one...the dummies don't help much since the don't attack back or dodge my attacks" Aimée felt very uncomfortable for what she did ealier so she avoided looking Cedric in the eyes. "But fire class..." She smiled "I love it...it reminds me of home.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Cedric decided to ignore what Jane was about to say. He really didn't want to know what his name sounded to her. Not be rude but he was afraid it would be something from the future.

"Well, you can always pratice with me. ALthough I don't like hurting ladies...." he said, sweat dropping "Either way, fire class is simply amazing! Miss Skulia can sure pull off some pretty magic."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Aimée stops sketching and looks up a bit smiling. "Oh gracias Cedric...oh....I mean thank you..." She removed her glasses and placed them on the table. "English in not my first language so I apologize if I suddenly say something in Spanish...I'm used being around fire so I really wanted to take her class."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Though Jane had decided to mostly sit out on the conversation, she wished that she was in a class with these two so that she would have something to talk about. She just needed to work on being less blunt...

Still, it was nice hearing people talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:30 pm

"Spanish? Oh the spanish empire!" he nodded in understandment. "It's your main language? That's interesting..." he said smiling. "About fire, I've discovered this a year ago but I guess I'm good at it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:50 pm

'Yes and actually..." Aimée stopped herself before mentioning anything from the futures." Well my Spanish does from Spain but it became a bit mixed up during the years....French is my third language but I rarely use it" She said and finished the last details of a door. "I use fire a lot at home...we build iron gates,door, window, even furniture." Happily she passed him one of her sketches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Jane craned her neck a little, wanting to see what the sketch was of. She'd never tried drawing, but by the way some people enjoyed it, it might be kind of a fun thing to start...if she had the patience for it. Jane didn't have much patience for anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Cedric glanced over to the sketch and nodded "You've got some talent! That door is somewhat pretty and doesn't have a heavy look, if you know what I mean." he smiled and showed the drawing to Jane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:56 pm

It was a different style than Jane was used to, more 'traditional', but she liked it. Maybe she should start sketching, if it meant she'd be able to draw things like this just off the top of her head. The question was...was she creative enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm

"Thank you..."Aimée nodded and looked at them but not directly in their eyes. "Um...do any of you play an instrument?" She ask placing both of her hands over the table. The burnt scar on her left arm was visible to them now. "The ball had great music I don't recognize most of the songs except this one song when the Satyr changed their instruments...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:09 pm

"Your welcome." Cedric made a small bow with his head and glanced quickly at Aimée's burnt arm. He quickly glanced away, surely she didn't want him to stare like he wouldn't have wanted.
He perked his head to Aimée's question and nodded happily, adjusting his glasses "Oh, Mozart's 21 Symphony if I'm correct! I play the piano and that's my favorite song."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 pm

"I was taught the piano pretty much by force, but I'm not very good at it and because I didn't have much of a choice I don't like it much." Jane hadn't recognized any of the songs, not even the classical stuff you could still hear around occasionally, but she hadn't thought that anybody would like it if she'd asked them to play any of her favorite songs...not that she was much of a music person in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Aimée snapped her fingers. "Ah I knew it has the name 'Symphony' but I couldn't recall it" She twirled her glasses and finally gave eyes contact to Cedric. "I would piano a bit complicated for me...So I learned guitar...of how I miss playing guitar with the band during festivals in my town." She wondered what kind of music they played during Jane's time but decided not too, when not in front of Cedric.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:22 pm

She coughed slightly. "Well, what time periods are you guys from? I was just wondering, you know....what year is it? According to you?" This had been bugging her for a while, she was wondering what it would be okay to talk about and what it wouldn't be, and if she should brush up on her history at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:26 pm

"I was born in 1993 , the current year form my time is 2010....yes...I'm sure its 2010" Aimee frowned a bit. Four years have passed since she last celebrated new years with her family. "I really wishto know what is going on right now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:40 pm

2010...wow... "No wonder. I'm five hundred years younger than you..." She looked down at the table. "Well, technically."

Then she looked up again. "Sorry if I'm a little odd. People aren't as curteous as most of the people I've met here in my time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Aimee laughed." It's okay, we all come from different times and places. I'm used at hand shaking or hugging people when I first meet them."

"What time are you from?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:50 pm

"The future to you, exactly five hundred years forward. Year 2510." Jane shrugged. "I feel like I stick out here, everybody is so different..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Aimee just stared at Jane. Her face was blank, no expression was shown.
"2510.....I'm amazed...I feel like I'm in mo-!!" She closed her mouth before she said 'movie' in front of Cedric. It was hard to speak when he was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:04 pm

"Yeah. So I guess that's why I've got a little different views on the world than you, because the world's a different place." Jane shrugged. "I have to admit that I don't really believe in all this stuff because it isn't scientifically proven...but I guess I have to because I'm stuck here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm

"Hmmmmm..." Kammy was hiding behind the book self that was close to the students table. All of them where from different times. She moved in closely to look at their faces, she recognized both of the blonds, both were fourth years and from Hermes,like her. Leaning in too close she pushed on of the books from the shelf falling right behind the blond girl. "Oh..." She ducked quickly.
"Got to hide...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:55 pm

"Que?" Aimee jumped out of her seat at the sound of the book fall. She looked down. "How....how did it fall?" Confused she walked over to pick it up.

(Bleh I need to get Kammy's picture up XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 pm

She glanced up, instincts tingling. Calm down, these weren't the streets she was trained on. It was probably somebody who was shy and really good at hiding. Jane chided herself. She was too jumpy.

"Someone probably dropped it," she said, looking around curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next