The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't sleep in the library...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Don't sleep in the library... - Page 3 Empty Re: Don't sleep in the library...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:13 am

"Oh!!" Kammy quickly pushed some book aside from the self to crawl to the other side before she was spotted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:43 am

Mary had been sitting in the corner, in something of a daze. When her goddess-given observation set in, simple intrigue was all-consuming, and information was absorbed, whether she knew it or not. Hopefully she remembered all of the mythology she'd just read.

The crashing of a shelf nearby alerted her to the students gathered in what she assumed was a study group. Coming sharply out of her daze, she was eager for socialization, as she usually was when her 'owl-eyes' wore off.

She rolled her scroll neatly and stood, lifting her skirts slightly so that she could step over the fallen books with confidence. She stood beside a girl that was clearly hiding behind the shelf, and figured that she was the cause. She didn't look at her, choosing not to alert the others to her presence.

"That's a shame," Mary said, shaking her head at the fallen books and looking to the stunned group of students, "What's happened here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:58 am

" Oh hello...."Aimee picked up some of the books that mysteriously fell from the shelf.

"Well you see...the books just suddenly fell." She replied placing the books back to their place. "Probably is was some other student who was trying to pull a prank..."

She sighed and looked over at the girl smiling, but gave her no eye contact. "Aimée Lefevre...I don't think we have met." Aimée was tired of spending all her time alone, this year would be different, she would to socialize more with the students around

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 am

"Delighted to meet you, Aimée," Mary inclined her head, bending her knees in the slightest curtsy and releasing her skirts, "My name is Mary Attaway."

Mary suppressed a smile, not allowing herself to look down at the girl hiding at her feet. She would play this through, and let the girl hide if she wished.

"It really is a mystery; I can't imagine that Miss Sylipha will be too pleased if she finds the shelves this way." Laughing, Mary stepped around the unfortunate shelf to be more clearly visible.

((edited, because I hadn't realized that only one book fell XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:32 am

Jane looked up, intrigued by this newcomer. "Hello Mary. My name's Jane Aire."

She had yet to meet Sylipha the librarian, but from what she understood this was a good thing. "I think somebody knocked it over, by purpose or by accident who knows. I'm just wondering why they're hiding. People tend to be pretty accepting here, I've found."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:47 am

"Hello Jane," Mary said, offering the same short bob. She loved meeting new people; new personalities, new histories, new habits to learn. "I get the feeling that this was an accident."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:08 am

Cedric listened to the conversation of the two girls quite amazed of their years. 1993? 2510?! That was insane for him. He opened his eyes wide and when he was about to speak another young girl fell behind them. He was about to help but another girl helped her instead.

Gosh, they were fast. He quickly stood up and bowed to the two newcommers "Nice to meet you Lady Kammy, Lady Mary." he said, gaving out a gentle smile "My name's Cedric Oswald, student of Hermes. 4th year." he finished, granting them free seats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Mary turned smiling at the other student, responding to his bow with her own small curtsy. He'd seemed a bit flustered, and she could only guess that it was the talk of time periods, though she didn't know what time he was from. In any case, his mannerisms seemed familiar to her.

"Nice to meet you as well, Cedric," she cocked her head slightly to the side, "If you don't mind me asking, what time period are you from?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

[ Awww, poor Cedric! xD ]

Jane was curious about when Cedric was from, because he seemed quite confused with the talk of her being from a much more futuristic time than most people here. Even though there was more variety at the Athenaeum than she'd ever seen before - which was saying a LOT - she still felt like she stuck out. She felt like she should apologize to Ced for apparently overwhelming him, but how would she word that? 'Sorry for discussing things that won't happen in your lifetime'? She looked down at the table, tracing the wood grain with one finger. She'd just have to be more careful in the future...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 am

Cedric smiled at Mary, hearing her voice, familiar to himself too. "I'm from Victorian England. 1854 was the year of my birth." he explained, sighing slightly since he actually missed home often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

"You guys are a so scary." Kammy felt goosebumps on her skin."Coming from different time...don't ever feel insupportable with each other?" She did a scared face, childish but still scared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:48 pm

"I actually find it quite hard to believe that anyone is from a different time," she admitted. "I keep thinking that this is some kind of dream or joke, or maybe a test from my superiors. But people here seem to genuinely believe that they're from a different time period, so I go with it." Then she added, apologetically, "Sorry, but I also don't believe in anything that can't be proven scientifically, so all this magic and the gods doesn't make any sense to me either. But I'm getting used to it." Very, very slowly, but she was getting better at all this. It was only a matter of time before she believed it all too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 pm

"I'm from Victorian England as well!" Mary exclaimed, grinning broadly. She'd never met someone from her own time period before!

But she would have to talk more with him later, it seemed. She turned to Kammy, clearly disturbed by the variety of time periods before her.

"I've never felt incompatible with anyone, as far as time period goes," she shook her head, "I find it all to be very interesting, actually. So much happens from one time to the next. What I don't understand, Jane, is how your existence could be any more valid than mine. Do you really not believe anything here at all?"

Mary wasn't being confrontational in any way; simply a tad confused. The logic of different time periods really did puzzle her, whether she found it interesting or not. And she'd never met anyone from a time so far in the future...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

"I believe in everything that can be proved scientifically," she said. "Which isn't much. It's kind of unnerving, to tell the truth, seeing all these things that I've been taught all my life only exist in novels and some people's imaginations." Jane looked down at the table, a little embarrassed for having said this in the first place. Hopefully they'd understand a little and she would still have some friends here... "And I understand how rediculous it would sound to someone from history, meeting someone from my time." Damn, she shouldn't have started this conversation...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 pm

"It's fine, Jane," Mary said, concerned. Jane seemed to be loosing steam; Mary enjoyed these conversations, and she encouraged everyone to loose their shyness. "I was taught the same. I'm sure we all were, since society has generally ruled these things out of existence."

She shrugged one shoulder, and realized that she'd never taken the chair politely offered to Kammy and herself by Cedric, smiling at Kammy to follow suit as she moved to take her seat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Cedric clapped his hands excited to finally finding somebody else from his own time. "Oh that's wonderful! We must talk more often, Miss Mary." he said with a wide smile on his face.

Hearing Jane's and Mary's conversation made him think on how would things be in the future? How would England be? Where there are any queens ruling? Would the human race have the same values? Looking at Jane it didn't seem so... He sighed and didn't ask anything else about Jane's time only asked "Miss Jane, you don't believe in magic? Don't you control it yourself too a magical element?" he said, adjusting his glasses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Aimée was lost reading her scroll. She just hummed ,only one third of the conversation was reaching her. Mary was from Cedric's time, Jane from the future , well her future, and Kammy...well she had no idea and she didn't want to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Mary modestly covered her laugh when Cedric enthusiastically clapped his hands. She was excited about finding someone at least this close to her own time, and loved his own unfiltered excitement.

"We certainly must!" she agreed, though she didn't know when or where he would be available. He would surely suggest, as most gentlemen usually did.

She hadn't thought of this, though. Did Jane wield magic, and still not believe in it's existence? Mary turned her eyes on the futuristic student, interested in what sort of argument she would bring forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

At Mary's affirmative answer, Cedric smiled "Then, what do you think us meeting up at the warrior's lodge later? We have so much to discuss, Miss Mary!" he suggested, still excited with finding somebody from his own time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

"Hn, of course!" Mary enthused, adjusting her skirts about her seat and for a moment averting her gaze, "I'm sure we'll find plenty in common, though my time was the smallest bit before yours."

His excitement brought her close to a blush, but she held off. She really flushed all too easily when attention was on her; as much as she liked to socialize, she liked to observe more than she liked to be observed.

((You could make that topic in the Lounge whenever you're ready, if you like C: ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:48 pm

She shrugged. "I was told that I can, but I haven't bothered trying. It would be kinda weird, trying something that you don't really believe in, don't you agree?" Jane looked at her lap, shifting a little. Despite everything, she really was starting to lean towards the idea that these things might be real...

[ I'm sorry for reviving this after so long and not posting in forever, I've been busy and want to do a little bit just to show that I'm not totally dead D: ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum