The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't sleep in the library...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't sleep in the library... Empty Don't sleep in the library...

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Who: Aimee and anyone who wants to drop by.
When: A week after the Masquerade, classes are over.
Where: In the library 'studying'

Right after class was over, Aimee rushed to the library before anyone would get the books she wanted. Her table was filled with books and papers. Some were class work and note she had taken. So many books to choose from, so many things she wanted to know but here eyes shut when she was halfway done with her class work.

Her hand slipped off the table dropping a few design sketches she did during class. Gates,doors, and fences, some of them were even weapon designs. The girl probably missed her town and the workshop. She was using her U.S and World History book that she brought from home as pillows.

Back to top Go down

Don't sleep in the library... Empty Re: Don't sleep in the library...

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Hollis walked into the library. Now, that the teaching was over, and they had some free days, he decided to go to the library.

He just found the book that he searched, when he noticed a familiar face, or mainly hair.

He stepped closer. Yes, she was really Aimée, but she seemed to sleep. He looked around, and then slowly convulse her soulders.

"Aiméé" he whispered "You shouldn't sleep here..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:08 pm

"*Que?Que?"

Aimée quickly lifted her head,Startled she dropped more of her sketches to the floor. The girl was really slow to open her eyes and realized where she was. Tilting her head she looked around who woke her, it was her mentor Hollis.

"I was sleeping?" she whispered blushing a bit.

*"What?What?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:42 pm

"Don't worry" Hollis smiled to the girl "I think noone else noticed, though there's no much people in the library during this 'holiday'" he tried to explain himself.

"Were you studiing before?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Aimee nodded her head and realized that most of her notes and sketches where on the floor.

"Oh....I'm so happy it was you and not Miss....Sylipha" She said while he got off her chair and started to pick her sketches carefully not wanting to touch the ink.

" I was working on some weapon designs because the the daggers I have..well...their not really that good..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

"I think I could say the same" he nodded "She doesn't really likes mens neither."

He turned, and looked around to be sure that the librarian doesn't noticed them, then he sat at t.he other side of the table, in front of Aimée.

"I don't really know much about the weapons, I prefer using plants, you know" he explained "But if you ask me, I would say that the main question is the materials. You need to find a good tree and some metal."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:17 pm

"Oh I have all the material that I need to make my daggers." Aimee smiles and handed her mentor some sketches and notes with the name of the metal and wood she would use.

"I'm quite good at making weapons and with metals, its almost the same as making a door of fence." She smiled and places some sketches inside her books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Jane was wandering around, seeing if she could find a few books that she recognized. She heard voices and decided to go join the conversation, because spending all her time not talking to anyone - even though this was normally how she spent most of her time, avoiding people - was driving her crazy.

So she came out of the maze of bookshelves and sat down. "Hello," she said curtly, trying to sound at least a little friendly. Everyone here was nicer than most people back home, so there was no reason to be snide with them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Aimee turned around towards where the 'Hello' came from. She waved her hand and smiled at the girl. "Hello, do...do you want to join us?"

She was probably a student who Aimee had class with, but she never talked to anyone,but today was going to be different. Scooting her hair a bit she picked up a few of her books and made some space for the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Cedric was searching for some books for Mythology class. He wanted to learn more about the race of his roomate, about the charis, basicaly about all the people he spent time with him.

He adjusted his glasses at some familiar voices and peeked to see who it was. He found that other Hermes student, Aimée and that other one... that watched Sylphie and him dancing the other time. He never got the chance to meet her.

He approached both girls with a couple of books in hand and waved "Hello, ladies." he said, bowing politely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:58 pm

"Sure, thanks." She paused, wondering if she'd interrupted anything. Oh well, too late now.

"What's your name?" Jane asked, glancing at the girl and trying to remember to be more pleasant. If only rudeness hadn't become the normal...it was almost impossible to find people so friendly back home, and so many of them...

She looked up at Cedric. "And hello to you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 pm

"Aimée Lefevre...fourth year student of Hermes, and human...I hate saying my species" Aimée smiled and looked over at Cedric one of her classmates who she just met. "Hey there Cedric..." Again she hold in her laugh at Cedric's bow.

"Want to join us?" She put her U.S. and World History book close to her to give him room for his books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:08 pm

"I would love to" he smiled and joined the girls, sitting between them and glanced over to thee books. "U.S. History?" he blinked his eyes "What's that?" he asked but before he turned to Jane "I don't think I know your name, lady..." he said, smiling politely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm

"Jane. Jane Aire." Still being skeptical about all these gods she didn't add her sponsor. "Fourth year."

U.S. History...something people couldn't get enough of. She suppressed a groan, trying to remember that according to these people everyone was from different times, and really did seem to be...but by the look of those books they had at least 500 years less of history to learn about the United States.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:20 pm

"Oh?" She looks at her book. " One of my History book from my old school, United States History, I also have a World History book with me." Aimée didn't know how dangerous it was to have something like that at the Anathenaeum. Many of the students here were not from her time, she never thought what would happen if some like Cedric would read them .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:24 pm

"United... States?" he blinked his eyes confused. "What are those?" he asked still glancing at her books and then at Jane. It seemed that both girls knew what it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm

((lol thank god for wikipedia XD I get lazy sometimes XD ))

"Here...let me show you." Aimée opened her book to the map section. "Let me read this for you..." She put on her glasses, which she really doesn't need. " Hmmmm......The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C.," She pauses before she continues so she won't get tongue tied "....the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south....I'm actually from Mexico but I cross over during the winter."

She flipped over a few pages. "Its also known as America, we have no Monarchy there. It not ruled my kings or queen, we have presidents instead."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:33 pm

"A country that's way too full of itself and has too much fun killing everyone," she said flatly. "At least, that's what it was like when I was there."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Aimée looks over at Jane. "Well...countries change during time...but the states is not my home, Mexico is.."

Aimée was somewhat annoyed be her comment but did her best to keep calm. "No matter how bad a country maybe you should not insult it nor its people."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Cedric blinked his eyes and soon shook his head "Don't tell more! Those are things from the future right? I don't want to know!" he said, covering his ears, so he wouldn't hear anything moree about that strange country America ruled by... presidents? No kings? No queens? What kind of place was that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Aimée closed her book. She had forgotten that Cedric is from and other time. Stupid...very stupid. "I'm...I'm sorry....." Lowering her head she put her books away and continued to sketch more daggers and doors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:47 pm

"I'm sorry, but that's how I see it. The whole 'land of the free and home of the brave' didn't really seem to apply to many people in my time." Jane looked at the table, tracing some of the wood grain with her finger. "The government pays...paid...most of my bills, though, so I shouldn't be complaining. I was lucky to get into my job at my age, but I still don't like what America's become."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:49 pm

"Could we.... stop talking about such country? Government? Bills? America?" he now feel what Septima felt the time he talked about Trajan. He wanted it to be over.
"Let's talk about classes, classes are always good." he said, nervously, trying to shove the subject away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Aimée just nodded but didn't look at him. "How are you doing in hand-to-hand combat class, Cedric?" She began to mumble and sketched some more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 pm

"Sorry, Ced." She glanced up at the nervous-looking boy. "Can I call you Ced? I'm so used to nicknames..."

Classes....Jane had a rather harsh outlook on life in general, so she'd probably end up distressing people whatever they talked about. She sighed inwardly. Maybe she could try just listening and not saying much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next