The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out for a Swim

Go down

Out for a Swim Empty Out for a Swim

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Swimming was always encouraged as a sport in Jane's time, and so now she made her way down to the small beach to go see what the water was like, and what kind of people frequented the beach. On her way down she saw small sandbars out in the lake, and decided that they'd make a nice goal to reach.

The sun was out, and the sand was hot beneath her feet. Breathing in the smell of the beach, Jane stretched. Her suit was a light blue like her uniform, with similar black markings along the side.

Back to top Go down

Out for a Swim Empty Re: Out for a Swim

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Ada floated along on her back in the lake, letting the sun sink into her skin. She was wearing an odd invention she’d borrowed from one of the other female warriors called a bathing suit, something she'd been told was from a time ahead of hers. Normally, she would have dived in without any clothes on since that's what everyone did back home in her ancient greece, but the Athenaeum leaders seemed to prefer that the warriors remain clothed in public areas. However this two-pieced “bathing suit” hardly seemed to qualify as clothing, even though she’d been told it was modest in comparison to other ones. Either way, Ada supposed that the rules were there for good reason.

Then she heard footsteps along the shore, and twisted upright in curiosity. Squinting against the glare coming off the white sand, Ada struggled to place the girl's face with a name. Ada could have sworn she knew her name at one point...but she must have forgotten, as always.

Trying to be friendly, she waved her right arm frantically. “Heeyyyyy!” Ada yelled across the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:37 am

Glancing up, Jane saw a girl with dark hair and a two piece bathing suit waving at her. She didn't think she knew the girl yet, but waved back anyway. "Hey! Lovely weather for a swim!"

Putting her hands on her covered waist, she dipped a toe in the water and smiled. It wasn't exactly warm, but with the heat rising off the sand and burning the pads of her feet, it felt fantastic. Dropping her arms again, Jane started wading in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:38 am

[ Wrong character, sorry ><; ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 pm

((Not a problem.))

"Yeah, definitely!" Ada called back, lowering her arm. As the girl began wading in, Ada swam to meet her. She had high hopes that this girl was one of the friendlier warriors. Sometimes it was depressing being around the other tributes with hard pasts. Ada's old life wasn't full of happiness and pleasantries either (in fact, her family had nearly starved to death one winter) but she didn't see the point of dwelling upon the negative. It couldn't possibly be good for a person/gorgon/lamia/nymph/whatever other creatures lived here.

"Hi, I'm Adamina, first year warrior of Poseidon and Amphrite," she greeted upon reaching the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:57 pm

"Jane Aire, fifth year who got dragged in here by Artemis," she said, extending a hand. Jane decided not to mention the whole 'sounding like Jane Eyre' thing, because not everyone here had read that stupid book. Thankfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:42 pm

"That's cool. Except for the whole being dragged here situation. Happened to me too. Nice name by the way. Has a pretty sound to it. Adamina's a bit of a mouthful in my opinion, so I just go by Ada." Ada paused, conscious that she was rambling. She did that a lot. Jane then extended her hand and Ada had absolutely no idea why. Was it some sort of future custom?

"Excuse me, but...what am I supposed to do with that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 am

Pretty? Jane had never really thought of her name as pretty, more generic and boring, and sometimes irritating because of how it sounded like the main character from an old fashioned novel, but she supposed to someone who hadn't heard it all the time, especially when unidentified cadavers were involved, it could be pretty.

"You shake it," she explained. "Sorry, I keep forgetting that most people don't really get half the things I do. I'm trying to cut back on some of the really weird stuff, though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:13 pm

"Ah, I understand." She really didn't. But Ada took her best guess and gripped the other girl's hand, moving it up and down.

((Sorry for the short/crappy response. There's just really not much to elaborate with when it comes to a handshake.)) XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 am

[ No prob, sometimes I have crappier responses when I have no excuse xD ]

Jane chuckled, nodding. "Not bad for your first time. Well done, you have now mastered a custom from the future."

She glanced around at the sunny landscape again. "It really is beautiful today, isn't it? I can't remember the last time I had a chance to go swimming on a day like this..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Ada grinned. "Really? Your time must not have very nice weather then. I grew up by the sea, so I've been swimming ever since I could walk. Except for when I served as a priestess." Ada scowled. "They didn't let us have much fun at all."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm

"I didn't live close to an ocean, though I swam in the pool every day. But it's not the same when you don't feel the sun on your skin." Jane closed her eyes, turning her face up towards the sun for a second before opening them again and returning her gaze to Ada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm

"Well that's stupid. I would never live anywhere away from the ocean," Ada replied in all her ignorance. She glanced around for something to do. All this talking was too much concentration for her. Gods, there really wasn't much to do here other than talk. At least this girl from the future was interesting.

((Disregard all rudeness coming from Ada. She's just too stupid for social graces.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Jane blinked a few times, before deciding that she liked the girl from the past. "Yeah...it makes me wonder why I do, sometimes." She didn't mention how polluted the oceans were in her time, despite all the best efforts to clean them up. "Anyway. Why waste such a lovely day talking when we could be enjoying the water?"

[ Understandable xD ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:14 am

((Hey, I'm super sorry 'bout this, but I'm deleting Ada as my character. I've come to hate her for no particular reason so I'm deleting just about everything in the forums concerning her. I'll definitely return with a new (and hopefully better) character, but for now I'm out of commission. Sorry.)) :(

Last edited by Adamina on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar issue)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down