The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

night-time swim

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

night-time swim Empty night-time swim

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Adonia lay in her bed tossing and turning... Back at home she had been primarily nocturnal, since she was less likely to meet other living creatures that way, and she simply could not get used to trying to sleep while darkness covered the land. She stared at the ceiling for a while, but finally, she couldn't take it any longer.
She kicked the covers off and opened her window as quietly as possible. She wasn't sure of the Athenaeum had a curfew or not, but she couldn't stay inside for another moment. She quietly slipped through the window and dropped into a crouch in the grass below. Looking around furtively, she set off for the lake.
She sneaked along expecting to be caught by a teacher and scolded at any minute, but she kept going. She finally reached the lake and stopped for a moment to just take in the smell of the breeze coming off the water before diving in and swimming beneath the shining waves.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
night-time swim Left_bar_bleue380/400night-time swim Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

night-time swim Empty Re: night-time swim

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 am

Cedric had been out in the Athenaeum ground since the afternoon. The views were breath-taking, incredibly beautiful for a guy who just had lived his entire life in the dark and grey London.
As the sun came down, he let himself go until he reached the beautiful lake. Again, a stunning view for him. He sat down, near a tree and enjoyed the dawn, completely forgetting that he needed to get back before it was completetly dark.
When the night came he gazed upon the stars and then remembered. He needed to get back in order to stay out of trouble! But his eyes caught the sight of a female silluette and he tried to see what was that creature that had just entered the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Augustin decided to take a walk at the park after sunset. It wasn't the best time to go out, manly for someone sponsored by the God of light, but there were such a babel in their quarters, that he decided to have a quick walk.

The weather was quite good. After few minutes he arrived near the lake. He saw a familiar silluette. That guy from the library who just thought him to an angel. Of course, that he remembered.

"Night, Cedric" he welcomed him, hoping, that in that dark an unexpected voice which's body has wings won't be to scary for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Cedric was so into trying to figure who that creature in the lake was that jumped when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

He quickly turned around to see another figure, this time with a pair of wings. And there were only two that he knew by then. Sylapha and Augustin, which was the one that talked to him.

"Oh, hello Sir Augustin! What brings you here at such late time?" he asked, bowing with his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:59 am

Adonia stopped swimming and looked around as quietly as possible. Had she been imagining things, or had she heard voices?... If she was caught who knew what kind of trouble she'd be in. She didn't see anything or anyone around, so after a few moments, she relaxed a bit, swimming and even daring to create twirling spires and spheres of water around her. It had been far too long since she had wiled away a late moon-filled night with swimming and water magic.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 am

Cedric's attention was again dragged to the lake. Did his eyes cheated him or he was spotting some water spirals?

"Hey, Sir Augustin... I think something's in the lake..." he whispered, approaching the lake quietly, trying to see something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am

"I wanted to get some fresh air, and there was such a big babel in the quarters, that i had to get out." Augustin answered. "But one thing, Cedric... Please, don't call me sir . Just simply Augustin."

He turned to the lake. "There're a lot of sea creature, you know" he said "But I don't think that we don't know her. But just as i remember, we didn't even know that there's a arts room." He said thinking back.

"Come on, let's have a look!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:52 am

Adonia was glad to see her water magic had not diminished from her exhaustion. She then pulled herself up in the water using her magic to sit along the water's surface as she worked. Should she try fire magic?... She had not been using it for very long... in fact, she had not even known she had fire ability until Hera invited her to the Athenaeum... plus it would be too bright... what if someone saw?... "Oh why not?" She mused to herself... "Just a little.... just for practice." And with that, she began to practice making small rings of fire, just large enough to suspend between her hands. It was difficult work for her... Fire was so hard to control... It almost had a mind of its own...
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 am

Sylphaea thought that she was the only one roaming outside during the late hours. It had been awhile since she decided to fly out of the window of her room. It's late, so she should be getting back.

But on her way, as she flew quite low over the lake, she could hear some voices and feel some magical energy in the air. The reeds surrounding the lake sort of blocked the wind's passage, but she can still tell that it's more than just one person--probably three or four.

And she thought that she recognized one of the voices...

She decided to land behind some nearby reeds that surrounded the lake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:54 pm

"Oh my dear Lord!" Cedric gasped at the sight of fire rings. "What kind of creature could control the element of water AND fire?" he blinked his eyes to Augustin and then to the lake. Was that a human figure? "It's probably one of the warriors, I hope... If it's a mentor, we are most certainly in trouble." he bit his lip and decided to make a small fire ring too, like an answer to the person in the lake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:38 am

Adonia felt a wave of fire energy from behind her, turning abruptly to see who was there, extinguishing her flaming circlets as she did so. Seeing shady forms on the shore and fearing being caught by the mentors, she released her water magic, falling beneath the surface and swimming cautiously towards the shore to get a better look at her nighttime visitors.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Augustin looked at Cedric. "Why would a mentor bath in the lake?" he asked. It was kind an interesting thought. He took Cedric's arm. "Oh, come on!"

He got closer to the lake, while he tried to took Cedric with him. "Look, we will find out who is it. There should be a explenation."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:21 pm

It seemed that Cedric's fire rings had startle the human figure making it disappear. But Cedric could hear the water moving, sign that she or he was still there.

As Augustin grabbed his arm and approached nearer the lake, Cedric adjusted his glasses, trying to see something. "Yes... we can always ask..." he said, soon saying out loud "Hey! Is there anybody there?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Adonia froze beneath the surface of the water looking up at the two men. he recognized Augustin the Pegasus, but she had never met the young human standing next to him. "Who's there?" she said. Though she spoke from beneath the rippling water, her voice, like the sound of a crystal bell, issued forth without distortion. She was hesitant to use her siren abilities, but she could see no other means of communicating without revealing herself.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:44 pm

"Just not...?" Augustin stopped when he heard the voice. He remembered to such a voice, but he wasn't sure. He beckoned for Cedric to wait for a moment. He steppped closer to the lake.

"Adonia...?" he asked slowly form the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:35 am

Adonia hesitated, and then came up so that only her eyes and the top of her head were poking out of the water and replied very quietly. "Yes.... Hello Augustin... W-what brings you out here so late at night?... and who is your friend?" she asked peeking around Augustin towards the human (or at least she assumed he was human) male standing behind him.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 am

Seeing that Augustin knew the lady in the water, Cedric thought it was indeed a warrior. What was she doing so late at night?
Hearing her question, Cedric quickly bowed "I'm Cedric Oswald, student of Hermes." he said with a polite tone. "And who's the lady?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 pm

"She's Adonia, warrior of Hera." Augustin said before she could react "See, i told you that there's nothing to fear. Sometimes things are just easiest then they looks like, you just have to find the origine or it." he told Cedric.

"There's such a babel in the quarters, you know, so i came out for a walk, where i met Cedric" he turned back to Adonia. "Don't you mind if i ask you, that what are you doing out in the lake that late?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 am

Adonia, hearing Cedric's reply used her water magic to raise herself up out the water, her water gown reforming as she stepped onto the bank. She turned to Cerdic and bowed saying "Its a pleasure to meet you kind sir." She paused for a moment looking at him searchingly before saying "Would I be correct in assuming that it was your fire magic I felt earlier?"
"Me?" she squeaked in reply to Augustin's question looking mildly embarrassed. "Er... well.... Its kind of silly, but I have spent most of my life being primarily nocturnal... Its always the safer option.... and... well, I just couldn't sleep tonight, so I came out here to practice and clear my head."

((just so no-one's confused about my description regarding Adonia's dress.... XD In her character sheet picture, she is shown wearing a sort of greenish leotard thing and a clear-blue dress. The greenish leotard and other markings on her are actually her scales, which she can shed and regrow in whatever patterns she may wish to form the basis of most of her clothing/outfits. The gown is actually made of water. So whenever she swims it dissolves and then she reforms it when she comes back onto land))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Cedric nodded "Yes, I was trying to get a response from you. You can control water and fire?" he asked curiously.
He heard Adonia's reply to Augustin and couldn't help but to smile "Missing your home?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:21 pm

"Yes" the siren replied. "It seems a bit odd doesn't it?... when one considers that fire and water are natural enemies. I didn't even know I had any fire magic until.... well let's just say it was a recent discovery..." her voice trailed off and her gaze turned to the ground, her face turning a mild pink as she did so.
At Cedric's question she smiled sadly "yes, I do miss the ocean. I had some small amount of freedom there as long as I stayed away from the mainland and remained strictly nocturnal. Here it is a bit more difficult"
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 am

From where she was standing, Sylphie could hear the conversation, although it was rather soft. But she caught most of it. She had remained quiet in the reeds in case it was some Mentors. So she was rather relieved when she heard that it was just Cedric and two more warriors.

Sylphie thought that she'd just join them, but while trying to get out from behind the wall of reeds, she tripped over a vine and fell into the nearby bushes, making a rather loud rustling noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Augustin didn't smiled. It was bad t think at his home. It made him remember to bad memories. He listened to the siren and the human talking, when he heard a noise from the shore.

"Is anybody there?" he asked, thinking that it's a mentor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Adonia eyes searched the silhouettes of trees and long grass around the lake, listening for any sign of who might be sneaking about. "You don't think it could be a mentor do you?" she asked nervously.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Cedric was about to comment Adonia's and Augustin's sentences when he also heard the noise. He turned around, trying to see a figure of something and frowned "I hope it's not a mentor... or we will be in great trouble." he said and also asked "Who's there?" he lit a small amount of fire over his indicator finger and semi-closed his eyes to see better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum