The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Work

Go down

Back to Work Empty Back to Work

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Adonia flipped her hair, which was starting to fight its way free of its braids, out of her eyes with frustration.

"Stupid fire magic...." she said wiping a bit of sweat from her forehead. "How on earth does a siren end up with water AND fire magic?"

She was tempted to go back to her water magic and neglect her fire training for the day, but she stubbornly persisted. "All right" she said taking up her scythe and getting into a fighting stance.

She began a simple combat pattern dance, attempting, once again to focus her fire along the blade of her scythe as she moved.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
Back to Work Left_bar_bleue380/400Back to Work Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Back to Work Empty Re: Back to Work

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 pm

"Whatchadooaang!" A curious voice piped up and Aazzi sat on her haunches, her head cocked to the side and her face alight with mischief, looking at the stange figure in the ring. "I don't get why people light there weapons on fire...I mean if they get hit by it aflame or not its gonna do damage" The curious tomboy padded in to observe and a cheeky smirk, leaves, twigs in her hair and a thin layer of dirt on her cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Adonia stopped abruptly, looking over her shoulder to see the younger woman addressing her.

"Oh hello.... I don't believe we've met" Adonia said politely with a small bow. "I am Adonia, fourth year siren of Hera. Oh.... Well, I was practicing my fire magic. I don't necessarily intend to use it in combat this way... but I'm trying to teach myself better control of it... Its so... unpredictable" she said with a grimace. "I'm much better with water."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

"Again with the formality?!" Adonia flippantly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms under her chest, pouting at the sky. "Aazzi, charmed" Being spacy again she stared at the clouds, missing the sky of her homeland and began humming a littloe tune, before re-tuning herself with reality. "Hehe I zone out sometimes" Eyes creasing into 'n's and her grin broadening she padded toward the siren. "I'm just crap at all magics, hehe, unless you consider talking to the spirits and fairies and elements and whatnot" Reaching out into the air, she moved her hand in a batting motion and her face lit up, cat eyes sparkling. "Hey but I can do this"

Aazzi distanced herself and started to sing in african, a tribal song, the hypnotising, earthly sounds blending together in rythm and the lioness started to sway her hips and move her legs in a memorised pattern, the moves strong and powerful not dainty or gentle. Soon her pawprints in the dust flared up in flames and they licked around her paws, but she seemed to far in enjoyment to care. Bangles clinking together she sang at the top of her lungs, notes that shouldn't go together but did in a strange way. It reminded her of home and not this strange, unnatural enviroment she was in now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Adonia was a bit confused by the young woman's very forward attitude, but smiled as she introduced herself.

"Pleased to meet you" she grinned.

She had to fight hard not to fall into a gloomy mood as she saw the girl enjoying singing so much. She was incapable of singing without risking the death of every man within the Athenaeum, and couldn't help but be a bit jealous of the girl. However, as she watched her dance, she became fascinated by the girl's movements. They were so strange, but not unattractive.

Adonia found herself laughing and clapping to the beat of the girls strange song, completely fascinated.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:23 pm

The sound of rumbling hooves poured into the atmosphere and they got louder, like a stampede of wilderbeast, they faded and was replaced by a single, powerful roar. A male lion at his finest. Finishing her song and dance and looking a little out of it, Aazzi smiled at the laughing and clapping siren. "You wanna do fire magic, you have to draw it out...can't expect to master a destructive element if your docile" The lioness bounced around and even though the fire had vanished from her pawprints, they still smouldered where she stood. "C'mon get happy, get angry anything!" She yelled joyfully and runned around the Magic run, dust trailing behind her. "You have to feel it!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:26 pm

"Well" the siren murmured. "I shouldn't get angry.... that tends to have um... he he 'Interesting' results" she said with a grimacing smile.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Aazzi skidded to a halt, coughing a little at the dust cloud that she had made. She looked at the siren. Graceful little thing, she couldn't see her getting angry, she looked a little...fragile. "Well think about love then" she shrugged, tapping her claws against the ground and patting Adonia on the shoulder. "Think about a love and amplify it, it has to be fierce, passionate...you with me so far" The lioness stopped patting and wheeled away with a jump. "C'mon love is the fiestiest thing around, you must have felt it at some point. Like pure passion running through your veins in hot, red blood"

Smirking she waited on the siren, cocking her head to the side and grinning like the cheshire cat. "Oh and while your at it..." she padded closer and whispered in the Sirens ear. "Are their any fit guys round here, everyone is including...as long as their male, mentors, warriors, staff, anyone?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:14 pm

"L-love?" the siren squeaked turning a brilliant pink. "Er um well..."

As the young woman whispered in her ear, she turned an even brighter pink. "f-fit men?" she said her mind immediately flitting to a particular very fit man. "Er.... well yes, of course... we are all warriors after all and there is a decent number of males among us" she managed to choke out.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:29 pm

"ooo~ who who, I need names" Aazzi waved an arm to the air around her. She wanted the names to either check them out or play a little game of cat and mouse. She would probably be too lazy to do any of the above but it couldn't hurt. "Yeh sooo~ names...?" Finally she noticed the neon shade of the sirens skin and a chuckle rumbled her vocal chords. "Do youuuu~" she tapped a finger on Adonia's collarbone "Have anyone in mind~"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:37 pm

"Names right... well there um....."
Adonia turned a bright red as Aazzi tapped her. "N-no... I-I don't.... I could never um... I..." She fidgeted some more, thinking once again of a very particular young man.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Aazzi continued to dance around, agitated to get to know if there was any hope of any love intrests. Even though she was a tomboy, she was a girl too. "I'll wait, your not wriggling out of this one" she laughed and sat down, fidgeting. "Plus you have to tell me who you like as well hunnybun, I mean I haven't heard gossip in an age..." She cocked her head to the side, looking with intrest at the pink siren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 pm

"Well um.... as far as men that I know of in the Athenaeum... There's the fifth years Eien and Cedric... but they might both be taken... I'm not sure... um... fourth years....uuuuum" she continued to fidget all pink in the face, but kept rattling off names hoping to distract the other girl from her own possible love interest. "Erm.... actually I don't know any forth year boys... um third years! There's Noster... and Ruairí.... and I don't know any second of first year boys... though I hear we have a set of twins coming in in the first year... one is a boy I beleive... I'm sure there are others, but I have not met everyone yet." she finished apologetically, praying that her cheeks had lost their red glow.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 pm

"Cedric, Eien, Noster, Rauri and twins" Aazzi smirked, forgetting about asking Adonia her love intrest and fiddled about with her necklace, thinking to herself. "Well I won't take anyone who's already taken but...hmmm I think I know someone called Noster...or I'v felt like I know someone called that" Drumming her fingers on her chin, she snapped her fingers suddenly at the strange sounding name. "Rauri? Thats a wierd name...have you met him?" Aazzi had completly forgotten about training. Time to talk about boys, boys, boys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Adonia groaned. "Oh yes... we've definitely met." she said thinking back to meeting him while trying to find the infirmary. "He's a..." she paused a moment searching for the proper word to describe him. "Very forward person" she concluded, with a slightly pained grin. "He's not unpleasant though." she admitted. "His wolfhound scares me though..." she said with a shudder.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

"He sounds like a pain" Aazzi flippantly rolled her eyes, but the cogs were whirring inside that little devious head of hers. "I bet I could give him a run for his money" Smirking toothily she thought about herself a little. She didn't want to blow her own trumpet (she did really) but she was a little more than pretty or she'd always been told. A curvy figure, big chest, features that all corresponded with each other well and a personality like marmite. Her lion half may took away from the beauty slightly but as the shaman had said. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if someone didn't like it they could go suck an elephant egg, choke, have a near death experience and maybe a epiphany. "hehe...we'll see"

Racing around Adonia suddenly, picking up a dust cloud she wanted to continue training with the siren. She seemed intresting, if not a little lady-like, maybe it would be good to have a friend that could teach her to be respectable....

Naaaahhhh.....

Dust cloud still up like a veil the hunter picker up her spear and dug it into the ground, swinging herself round to face the probably coughing siren. "Lets start" Flipping a peace sigh, sticking out her tongue and giving a wink, she started to run at Achlys with that unparalleled energy of hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Adonia coughed a bit as the unexpected cloud of dust hit her.

"Oh so that's how you wanna play?" she said grinning evilly. "All right then, let's play."

With that, she swung her scythe down so the blade stuck in the ground with the handle where she could easily reach it. She then, using her water magic skills, reformed the water of her dress so that it swallowed up the dust cloud and threw the whole lot of it at the oncoming centaur.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Hit full force with the water, the sheer power of her physical strength was the only thing that got her through the bonbardment but she did slow down in the torrent. Excitement was scribbled all over her features and one native warcry later she charged at the siren and swung her spear at Adonia's legs with fierce determination. The wet did affect her slightly though, she could normally dry off fairly quickly with the aid of a towel or the african sun but here she would stay uncomfortable just for the sake of winning. It may have just been a game, but oh how she loved to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Adonia flipped sideways just barely missing the swing of Azzi's spear, grabbing her scythe as she did so. This girl was definitely strong to make it through her water barrage she thought, her eyes dancing with the excitement only a good spar can bring.

She landed quite gracefully, turning to aim a sideways slice at the centaur's midsection.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 pm

The feline flexibility and strength coursing through her veins allowed her lion half to take her to the ground almost effortlessly and quickly, the scythe only taking a few hairs of the top of her head. "Oh you did NOT just touch my hair" she mocked offense and with her body still in the grounded position she sprang forwards, hoping to either knock the weapon from the sirens grip or tackle the siren to the floor. The latter would be faster since that would probably result in ista-win, but prolonging the fight to just the right amount would be much more exciting. Her claws were sheathed...for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Adonia was knocked on her back, her lungs emptying from the force of the fall. She barely managed to get the long handle of the scythe across her body in time to catch the centaur as she attempted to pin her.

She gasped for air for a moment before replying with a sarcastic grin "My apologies my dear miss Aazzi" she said shoving her to the side and rolling away to a standing position.

"You'll have to do better than that." she called at her. She may look deceivingly small and frail, but behind her small frame and thin limbs was the great physical strength of a young siren.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Rolling away, dust clinging to her fur she swayed to all fours and shook herself, fur standing up before relaxing and she slouched against her spear casually. "Looks that way doesn't it hunny?" Swinging her spear around her head and bringing it in front of her as a barrier she gave Adonia the chance to be on the offensive this time. But Aazzi was sure to get a hit in there somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Adonia smirked as the damp centaur gave her an opening to attack. She'd just had an idea.

Once again abandoning her scythe, she summoned the water in Aazzi's hair and fur forming into a loop around her now-dry midsection. "Let's see you get out of this" she said using the water loop to shove the centaur at high speed backwards towards a tree.

She had intended to throw her back, but, even for a siren, a centaur is a rather large creature to be moving at all, much less throwing.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Panicking for a minute for not being in full control and her now traveling at high speeds, Aazzi didn't like it one bit. She couldn't stop from hitting the tree but the fiery emotion spilling out around her turned the water into a fine mist around her body and feeling the churning volcano inside her about to erupt she discarded her spear and charged once again at Adonia, an almost feral look behind her amber orbs the pupils dilated with inner fire. She was hot-blooded, vehement and unrestrained...and she was heading straight at her spar partner, her claws out and ripping up the ground as a roar broke from her throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Some of the color drained from Adonia's face at the sight of the lioness evidently enraged coming at her. Gulping and summoning her courage, she grabbed her scythe once more, running at Aazzi and using the scythe as a pole to vault (leaving the scythe behind in the dust) up over Aazzi's head, hoping to land on the centaur's back where she hoped to get her under control again with a choke hold.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down