The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sylphaea & Nizhoni's Room

Go down

Sylphaea & Nizhoni's Room Empty Sylphaea & Nizhoni's Room

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Sylphie sat at the edge of the bed, feeling the warm summer sunshine against her skin. She began plucking the kithara that was seated on her lap, singing a long-forgotten song along with it.

Sylphie was blind, so she found no point in decorating her room as she couldn't see them. All she had brought here were her simple Charis clothes in the clothes chest and the musical instruments of her deceased friends. The instruments include her own panflute, the kithara on her lap, a bouzouki, a baglama, and a double aulos. They were kept tidily on the shelves when she wasn't using them.

She still found it disappointing that she couldn't bring Cleta's hydraulis here. But at least there's one in the Athenaeum's music room.

Throughout her 4-years-stay at the Athenaeum, Sylphie had been learning and practicing how to use the instruments. By now, she had become quite skillful at each of them. She's always practicing if she had free time.

She smiled to herself as the memories of her friends surrounded her, continuing her song.

Back to top Go down

Sylphaea & Nizhoni's Room Empty Re: Sylphaea & Nizhoni's Room

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 am

Nizhoni approached the door to her new room, the faint sound of music ringing from the other side giving her pause. The song was certainly charming, and Nizhoni didn't want to interrupt. But whoever was playing in the next room couldn't produce those sounds and be anything other than pleasant. She decided to take a chance and enter anyway.

Carefully opening the door, she stuck her head in. Her roommate sat in the sunshine, gently plucking at a kithara. Nizhoni smiled; the girl looked friendly enough, and she was a musician as well. Noticing the array of instruments in the room, she stepped quietly inside.

Nizhoni didn't think she'd been noticed yet, and so she stood quietly by the door, happy to wait for the song to end before she introduced herself. There was no need to offend before she evaluated this girl's temperament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Sylphie smiled contently when she finished her song. The winds swirled around her a little and she noticed someone standing by the door.

"Oh, hello!" she greeted cheerfully, quickly putting her kithara down and bowing slightly at the newcomer, "Sorry I didn't notice you earlier. My name's Sylphaea."

"You must be my new roommate," she said excitedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm

"Hello, Sylphaea," Nizhoni smiled, nodding pleasantly in return to Sylphaea's bow. "My name is Nizhoni."

She moved farther in the room, trying to make eye contact. Sitting down on her own bed across from the Charis girl, she folded her hands in her lap.

"It's okay, I enjoyed the song," she laughed, "What were you playing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down