The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to stop getting into fights...

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need to stop getting into fights... Empty Need to stop getting into fights...

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 am

Eos limped into the infirmary... his legs throbbing. The few days old wound from Jack had started bleeding again and the newer wound from Bjorn was bleeding like crazy. Eos was starting to hate axes... he never really liked them, spears were more his thing. But his usual spear, the one he'd had the longest, the one he used to well... do a lot of things. That spear was a peice of him, just like he told his students his first class. An extension of the body. And at the moment one of his most important limbs was broken.

He sighed, which only made the wound on his side throb.

"Malaka!" he yelped.

Things were starting to get to him. He had already gotten into three... no four fights since coming to the Athenaeum. His wounds hurt, the physical ones and the new and worse emotional one. And the fact that he was in no shape to be challenging Kallistrates and he wasn't even allowed to and .... MALAKA!!! He leaned against the wall, too tired to do anything else.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
Need to stop getting into fights... Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Need to stop getting into fights... Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Need to stop getting into fights... Empty Re: Need to stop getting into fights...

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 am

Addi had been reading a book while watching the infirmary for Iva when she was suddenly jolted from her romantic readings by - "Malaka!"

She turned, dropping her book at the sight of Eos. "Again?" she chocked out, too quietly for Eos to have heard her. She was about to get up, when she saw him Lean up against the wall, pain written all over his face... but not just physical.... there was something else... She couldn't stop her eyes tearing at the sight.

... MALAKA!!!

She ran to him, grabbing his good shoulder to stop him from sliding to the floor. "Eos!!!" she looked him over looking dismayed. "A-again!?!.... b-but how?!"
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
Need to stop getting into fights... Left_bar_bleue380/400Need to stop getting into fights... Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Need to stop getting into fights... Empty Re: Need to stop getting into fights...

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:19 am

"Addi," he said. Surprise all over his face even though he should have figured she'd be in here. She was studying with Iva. "Hnnn... I'm f-" he choked on the word 'fine' because it was a balant lie.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Need to stop getting into fights... Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Need to stop getting into fights... Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 am

"No you're not! Don't.... Please don't lie to me!" She pleaded, looking teary and pulling him towards one of the tables.

She looked down at his legs as "Bloody.... How does this keep happening to you?!" she managed to choke out, seeing the bloody lines running down his legs. She helped him onto the cot before rushing around the room grabbing the supplies she needed. Dumping them on the table, her hands shaking, she finally asked the question burning in her mind. "I-.... It wasn't... Jack.... was it?"
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Need to stop getting into fights... Left_bar_bleue380/400Need to stop getting into fights... Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 am

"I can't Addi..." he said honestly with something like a cheeky smirk on his face, but his eyes weren't in it. They were distant green lights.

He winced as she sat him down on the cot.

"It's just who I am I guess," he told her. "Nah, not this time... the dane." He said simply knowing Adonia would know who he meant.

His green eyes got even more distant as his mind started to wander. It was the 19th wasn't it? Of... February... then next month... exactly a month. He couldn't catch a break.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:40 am

Addi's hands ceased their nervous flitting about over the supplies as she heard him. "The-.... I swear, that man is a menace...." she growled, looking down at the two injuries, using her water magic to clean them as best she coul through hi jeans.

She looked up at him again. "I-..." she stopped abruptly, seeing that he was far away again, still with that pained expression on his face. "What is it?" she asked simply, knowing he could not lie to her.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:48 am

The cool water felt heavenly. Addi stuttered somethign and asked him somethign that he really didn't want to answer. So he just stared at her warily.

"..." If you don't say anything, it's not lying.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:53 am

Addi looked at him sternly, blushing profusely. "I-I'm going to have to cut some holes in those" she said, gesturing at his jeans. "S-so I can fix up your l-legs..." She wasn't letting him escape this... but she needed to start sewing him up before he lost too much blood.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:56 am

"Can't I just... take them off?" he asked, head tilted to the side. He had boxers ((Yaaay 21st century)) on underneath and really didn't see it as that big of a deal. Adonia had ruined enough of his clothes.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 am

Adonia Turned a bright pink. "T-t-take them off?!?!" She squeaked, looking positively horrified.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:02 am

Eos chuckled, it seemed he had forgotten that Adonia was a complete prude.
"Addi... what time are you from?"
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:06 am

Addi looked at him, still blushing profusely. "I-... I'm not quite sure.." she muttered, looking rather embarrassed. "I knew nothing of the calender before coming here... and I never bothered to ask Lady Hera about it...."

She backed away pulling a curtain around to block her view of him. "If you must take them off then do so now.... You're losing blood and I don't need you bleeding to death on me..." she said in a sort of strained way. "And you still haven't told me what's wrong," she said moodily.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:22 am

"Nothing... it... it doesn't concern you," he knew as he said it he must sound callous, he didn't mean to but it was the only way he could get the words out.

((Aaaand then he takes off his pants and I really CANNOT write that))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 am

Addi frowned as she waited for him to finish. "Well I can see there's something wrong... something that's hurting you..." she said, sounding pained. "I just want to help.." she said bitterly.

She peered toward the curtain. "You done yet? I don't want you dieing on me before I can get some answers out of you..."

((Completely understandable .... NOT MY IDEA >3<))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 am

"I'm sorry Addi... I just... don't wa-" he choked on his own words again as he realized he did want to talk about it, but was just uncomfortable.

"And I'm done," he told her. He sat back on the cot, bloody jeans in his hand.

((thank you... XD I know I did it to myself)
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 am

Addi put away the curtain, relieved to see he was still clothed, but still a bright pink over the entire awkward situation. "Y-you don't what?" she said quietly, swabbing a tonic over the wound to kill any germs.

"Any pain-killer for you today, Eos?" she said matter of factly as she began to thread a needle.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 am

"Next month is Arcadia's ... the day she died."

He sat quietly for a second watching Addi thread a needle. He hated that feeling, of something moving through your skin, poking and pulling. But he hated drugs more.

"Not unless said drugs wont make me woozy and or spill my guts to anyone who will listen," he said matter-of-factly.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 am

Adonia's gut clenched as he said it. "Arcadia's...." She set down the needle and thread, her hand over her mouth to hide the way her lips pressed together in an effort not to cry. "I-I'm sorry..." She said, mentally cursing her infernal curiosity and worry.

She pulled herself together, picking up the needle in a business-like manner. "N-no.... I'm afraid I don't know of any that don't have at least a possibility of doing that..." she said knotting the thread, and not looking at him.

"You ready?" she asked, her voice dead and emotionless as she disinfected the needle and thread one more time.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 am

Addi had so much empathy... Eos wasn't used to it. But it was nice, for lack of a better word. She made him feel like there was hope for the world yet. The shy little siren had such a big heart.

"It's fine Addi, curiosity isn't a sin."

He sighed, "ready as I'll ever be."

Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:04 am

Addi gave him a grateful look. "T-try not to move.." she said taking a deep breath and beginning to sew up his left leg as gently as possible. She hated the feel of the string tugging through flesh. But its the only way to close it up, she thought grimly.

"T-hank you... but no..." she said blankly as she worked. "Its not fine.... curiosity may not be a sin... but its still something I need to learn to control... so as not to hurt those I care for...." she said wiping a tear away and staring at the wound,, sewing it up with mechanical but gentle efficiency.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 am

He winced, not because it hurt, but just because it felt 'funny'.

"Addi... are you crying?" He asked and bent to see her face.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:13 am

Addi sniffed and continued to stare at the wound she had just finished with. "N-no" she replied stubbornly. "I-I'm fine..." she said tying off the thread and moving on to his right leg. "I just...." she sighed. "Things have just been difficult lately..... you know what I mean I'm sure..." she finally muttered, slowing her pace as her eyes clouded once more. "You obviously aren't having the best of times either."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:17 am

"Oh... Addi," he said gently. "My whole life is this way, seriously. Don't bother crying for me, you'll run out of tears. You need to focus on your own problems." He didn't even notice as she sewed up his other leg. '

"How... did you talk to Jack yet?"
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 am

A little stab of pain went through her heart at the mention of Jack. "N-no.." was her rather blunt reply. "I haven't even seen him since the party.... and we hadn't really talked before then either..." she shrugged, feigning nonchalance.

Her face was as a stone, as she finished and tied off the last stitch and began putting the supplies away. She kept her eyes towards the floor so he wouldn't see that they were lifeless and misted a she worked.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

"I'm sorry Addi." Because it was at least parcially his fault.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next