The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Secrets

Go down

Midnight Secrets Empty Midnight Secrets

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Magic was his biggest failing. Phrixos knew that all too well. While his brother was known for being one of the most powerful users of battle class wind magic, and his elder sister was equally famous for her strategy class wind magic - all Phrixos himself could pull off was a little transport class wind magic - probably the weakest and most useless of the three types.

So that was why, instead of being in bed like a normal first year - Phrixos had snuck out to the magic ring in the hopes of improving his blasted wind magic. Not that he was going to ask the teachers for any help. They were his siblings - the siblings he hated. So he had very few options. He studied the blackboard - his brother's pathetic excuse for a lesson.
1. Do not fight the wind - let it come to you
2. Flexibility
3. Ask Tahirah for anything else.

Gods damn it - that was no help at all. Phrixos sighed. He was on his own and he knew it. He debated for a minute which class of wind magic he should try. Battle or Strategy? Well - battle was the most useful, and the most impressive - but it also required the most power. Kallistrates had the advantage of being a pureblood nephelae from one of the higher class lineages. But the mutt had human blood, and could still use strategic magic... Yes - if she could do it - he could do it, Phrixos decided.

Sitting down on the floor, he crossed his legs, and calmed his mind, straining, listening, trying to hear things.

After about an hour of this with no results, Phrixos opened his eyes and got up. "Useless!" he yelled, kicking the grass in front of him. It lit on fire.

Frantically Phrixos stomped it out. "No." he whispered softly. "No. No. No. No. NO! I am the wind."

Back to top Go down

Midnight Secrets Empty Re: Midnight Secrets

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

"Well you fail don't you" Aazzi laughed softly as she watched the boy with curiousity from where she was sat, moonlight painting her in a mysterious yet dangerous light. She had been observing silently with the exceptions of a few giggles accidently slipping off the tongue since she had been deeply amused by the strange boy. The centaur pouted, eyebrows raised as she looked on with glee as he stamped out the small piece of grass he had ignited "Well...I guess you can do something, but you really should keep a lid on your yelling though hun, otherwise the mentors will be out or you'll tip off the guards"

Before she had found the stranger, she had been roaming the grounds as usual and she had caught a firefly in a jar that was now securely strapped to her leg with a length of sturdy leather. She was actually wondering what the boy had been doing for the past hour, she highly doubted it was meditating since he didn't look or act like the sort who wanted to find inner peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Phrixos twirled around drawing his sword. He may be useless with magic - but there were few people who could match him when it came to using a blade - thanks to his father's... loving care...

"This is none of your concern, female." He hissed softly. Maybe the centaur had a point - he probably should have been quieter. But he'd be damned if he ever admitted that. "Firstly I'd like to see you any better. Secondly I am nobody's 'hun' and thirdly, you'd be in as much trouble as I should a mentor come by."

He brandished the sword menacingly. "I don't know what you're doing out here - and frankly I don't care. Just leave me be."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 pm

"I'd only be in as much trouble if you were a snot nosed little grass male" She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue behind her teeth." Plus I can do better, but in fire not in air so you can button your sweet little pie-hole hunny~" She started padding into the ring, toothy smirk on her face, running a finger along her panneled necklace "If you don't care why I'm here then why are you being so hostile, seriously no wonder you can't do any wind magic, your so uptight" Channeling energy to the bases of her feet, her pawprints lit up with fire so when she walked a blazing prints followed her, it was a simple party trick but it was pretty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Phrixos glared at her. "I wouldn't be so hostile if people didn't interrupt my private training. Why else would I be out here so late. If I wanted company - I'd do it in the day with everyone else."

He sneered at her pawprints. "And you assume too much. I have no use for inferior magic such as fire magic. Wind magic, however," he said sheathing his sword and grabbing his glider, praying that the little bit of transportation class magic he had would still work for him. "is superior." He jumped on the glider, summoning a breeze to hold himself aloft. He wavered in the air for a moment, then steadied out, a triumphant grin on his face. "Let's see your pathetic fire magic do that!" he hissed joyfully.

Aaaandd - that was when his magic gave out from under him, sending him crashing to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:03 pm

"Well done superior" Aazzi laughed, clapping her hands together joyfully at the heaped boy on the floor. "Turns out your greater than me in both gender and magic use, I guess you've just proved that point" snickering she ran round the boy, summoning a heated air that finally sparked into a trail of fire. Creating a circle around the boy she wheeled away playfully. "Well if I knew everything I wouldn't be at a school, why are you at a school if your soooooo superior?" Hands on hips she sat once more, watching the fire burn in the little make-shift cage she had created for the jerk. If he tried using wind magic the fire would only spread sooo it would be his fault if the place burnt down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Phrixos was in a real pickle now, and he knew it. Damn it - this was why he trained alone. Especially with magic. He wasn't afraid of showing off his swordsmanship - that he was secure in - but magic - he wasn't that good - and he hated to admit it. If the damn centaur girl would just leave him alone - he'd have been fine!

But now he was trapped. And it wasn't like he was going to fly out with his glider again. Nor could he cut the fire with his sword. No - he really only had one other option, and though he was loath to use it - he guessed that this counted as an emergency situation - a pride emergency. Reaching down to his pool of magic he found the fire magic he normally kept fiercely suppressed, and touched it. Okay - he thought to himself. I admit it. I have a little fire magic. Enough to get me out of this mess. And then he willed the flames out. He couldn't get them all the way out - but he made them die down enough for him to escape the circle.

Phrixos drew his sword again, pointing it straight at Aazzi. "I am here to prove once and for all that I am better than the mutt and the betrayer, and to win glory for my lord Zeus. I doubt you have any better reason. And who is the foolish one now? You don't think the guards won't have noticed that much light? Run away little centaur. They know my magic isn't strong enough to make that sort of light, even if I do get caught." And with that - he disappeared into the shadows, winding his way back to the boy's quarters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down