The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning About Horses

Go down

Learning About Horses Empty Learning About Horses

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Andrasteia had wandered to the stables on her meandering, self-guided tour of the Athenaeum. She peered in, staring at the horses for a second before going in. The beasts watched her, and she found herself attracted to their large, intelligent eyes. "Hello," she said to them, and she wouldn't have been surprised if they responded. Of course they didn't.
Though Andras wasn't a complete and total newbie when it came to horses, she still knew next to nothing about them. Now that she was up close to them though, she knew that she wanted to learn more.

Back to top Go down

Learning About Horses Empty Re: Learning About Horses

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 am

"Hello," a voice came from nearby, "Welcome to the Stables."

"I'm Ainia," the Amazon introduced herself as she stood next to the Lampad, "Aren't horses just amazing creatures?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:11 am

Augustin walked down in the stables, when he heard voices. He went closer, when he saw two girl there, around some horses. He smiled. Of course, horses. Everything was too familiar.
"Hello" he said. He was interested that how much the two girl know about horses. He touched slowly his wings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Ainia was in a good mood, so she gave Augustin a warm welcome.

"Horses are considered as 'man's best friend'. If dogs are the first, horses are the second. But they're just as loyal. People have been using horses through the ages, and they accompany men whether in war, hunts or leisure."

Ainia walked up to the nearest horse and stoked it's face gently, "The Amazon also used horses when we traveled the meadows. That's why we admire them a lot. They're forever our loyal companions and friends."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

"I don't think that just mens uses horses. That didn't depend on this. In my opinion, horses can have a wild life too, but they help to all people who can deal well with them." he replied to Ainia.

"Horses are great companion, they stay near you as long as you need them." he agreed.

"But hey, what kind of opinion would you like to hear from me? I'm a pegasus, if we wanna be rude, a simple horse, we could say." of course he didn't meant it that way, but sometime people asked about his wings. And the most simple way to explain it, it was the winged-horse idiom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm

"Haha, tell me the differences between a Pegasus and a horse," Ainia joked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Augustin looked at Ainia. Was that really a question??

"First, horses don't have wings. That's probably why even Zeus took the help of us, but not of horses. But the other point, which is more important, you could notice, that we can change into human form." Augustin sighed. Being a half-pegasus meant that he didn't really could use his wings, they powerless for attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Andrasteia smiled bemusedly at the other two, listening to their conversation but not really sure if she should join it much or not. But she was curious about the horses still, so she followed Ainia's example, reaching out a hand cautiously towards one of the horses and letting it sniff her hand before she placed her palm flat against its face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 am

"That's a nice one," Ainia said, not expecting to be taken seriously. Then for some unknown reason, she found herself imagining Augustin as a talking horse. She giggled a little before throwing the thought away, thinking that it was rather ridiculous. She saw Andras approaching one of the horses.

"Aww, the horse looks like it likes you," Ainia said, smiling at Andras.

"The horses here are really tame and friendly, aren't they? Tell us what you think," she asked the Lampad girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Augustin sighed. Girls... Yes, he could expect this. Everyone thought that talking with a pegasus is so funny. Why? Just because he's kindly a half horse? But he didn't answered. There was no need to make the girl happier. He watched them and the horses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 pm

"I've never really dealt with horses before," she said, a little embarrassed. "I thought I'd just come down here to see what I could learn by just being around them."

Andras smiled, happy that the horse seemed to like her. She lifted her other hand, stroking its nose gently. I wonder what its name is... she thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am

Ainia noticed that she had just managed to upset Augustin. She may not want emotions for herself, but she respects those who wants to keep it. And she knows what it means when someone's emotion is hurt.

"Uhh... Sorry, Augustin, I didn't mean to laugh. I know that Pegasi are unique in their own way, so I shouldn't be mocking you," she smiled a little, remembering an old friend.

Emotions are really troublesome, especially when it's 'hurt'. But when she thought about it, the Amazon found that she was rather impressed that the others managed to survive with their emotions.

After almost five years here, she wondered if she's the one who's a coward because she wanted to throw hers away...

Andras' happy smile snapped her out of the rather gloomy thoughts. Ainia watched her as she stroke the horse gently.

"So... are we good?" she asked Augustin again just to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Auugustin looked with big eyes to the Amazon. That was quite strange. Or probably not just quite. He didn't expected that form her. It was strange some ways, but also make him a little happy.

"Yes, of course" he smiled "You know there's a really important thing that you can learn here" he said slowly, thinking of some of his friends "That we're all different, and if we don't accept each other just as they are, then we won't make friends." he smiled. That remembered him to good memories.And that was one of the first things that he learned in the Athenaeum. Mainly with the girls. It takes really long time to became friend with someone who hate guys. Maily for someone who spend his life in one room.

"I'm would be glad if we could work together even if a day we have to become enemies." he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Adelphie strolled into the stables. Horses where her next biggest thing, next to music. Since she'd spent most of her life at the Athenaeum, she'd gotten the privilege to enjoy most of its features, including free rides in the stables.

She was going to go for a ride when she found that the stables were already occupied by others. She felt a little bit of tension in the room, and predicted that it was probably caused by Ainia. Adelphie lover the amazon to death, but she'd be the first to admit that the girl could be less than tactful.

"If this isn't a surprise, what is? The stables have never been a popular hangout place but it seems my hideaway has been discovered!" she joked as she walked over the the horse she called her own, petting the pretty black stallion called Guido.

"I was about to go for a ride, care to join me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Andrasteia perked up a little on hearing this. Riding might be fun... "I've never ridden a horse before," she said, a little doubtfully. Another new experience, one that seemed fun. Sounded like something she'd love to do.

She turned back to the horse she was paying attention to, looking into its large dark eyes. It seemed like a nice, intelligent companion. If she was going to start riding, now was as good a time as any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:26 am

"Oh, thanks, Augustin. Hmm... I should really do some thinking about what you've said after this..."

She thought that the Temple would be a good place, she's supposed to do her weekly prayer to Athena after this anyway.

Then Adelphie strolled in. Ainia smiled and waved. Adelphie was greatly respected by her. The Pleiad was a young first year, but she was a very strong ad determined girl.

When the idea for a ride was proposed, she decided to go to the Temple later. Having some fun once in awhile would be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:18 pm

"If you don't mind, wouldn't ride." Augustin convulsed his head, just answering Adelphie's question "It wouldn't be the best experience in my life, thought." he said.

"I think I would stay here for that time, 'kay? I could... um feed the horses, for example. But thought, even that is too strange to imagine." He bundled out the image from his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum