The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A chat inside the chat

2 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Empty Re: A chat inside the chat

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Well daddy longlegs are mostly harmless - it's only the hugeness factor that's scary. It's some of the other ones that are.. deadly..

But I'm definitely jealous of the fireflies, and the lizards. Snakes... not so much..

My grandparents have a cabin in Mt. Ranier and there's one lake that's always CRAWLING with frogs. We went up once and caught about 100. It was awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Morph, he did absolutely nothing. It's about the fact that people think he's gay, and he's not, and that god hates people who are gay. And that Justin doesn't respect God, but he does respect God. Justin doesn't plan on having sexual relations till he is married. He's very religious. He didn't do anything, they're just jealous.

Daria, the song you are talking about, I think is Down To Earth, it's one of my favorites, but it's about his parents divorce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:56 am

I think it's like Daria said, haters gonna hate even if they have no reason to hate. They just want something to hate >3>

Catching fireflies is freakin' awesome. I love love love going out on nights we have mini bonfires, catching a bunch and letting 'em go. I've not seen any lizards here, but they're here, they're just shy Paranoid
Fireflies are one of the only beetles I'm 100% comfortable around, the other being ladybugs. I used to be really into ladybugs when I was young.

FIREFLIES HAVE GLOWY BUTTS >w<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Okay, I can't stand any spider... at all >> I don't know how I caught this phobia, all I know is that I can even eat in peace, or bath, if I see a spider on the corner of the ceiling.

Fireflies are cute~ Snakes and Lizards I love them xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I like fireflies, and so does Azu.. Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm

GLOWY BUTTS Bummie love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm

We need a firefly emoticon. And a llama one XD

In other news I have decided that powdered latex exam gloves are pure evil. They leave powder all on my hands so when I take them off to use my computer I get powder all over the keyboard/my labcoat/anything else I touch! Gah!

Stupid gloves. I want my nitrile ones back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Yes, we do. If anyone finds a free to use llama emoticon, let me know. Also, if you find any emoticon that you want to use, let me know \o3o/

I don't like gloves period :c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Sigh - they're a fact of life in a hospital.

And since we have to wear them all the time when we're doing stuff, our lab manager orders them in bulk. Now she has really small hands - so the small sized gloves are always pretty nice - they're made of nitrile. But I have bigger hands, so I'm stuck using up these old latex powder ones from the 80's. I have white smears all over my pants, and backpack, and laptop. XP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Aww :c
I hated having to wear gloves for dissecting stuff in anatomy, but at least I got to cut open an eyeball, a brain, and a heart \o3o/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Yay! Cutting stuff open is morbidly fascinating Wink

But as far as gloves - I mean - I'm glad I'm not sticking my hands in these things (infectious agents, etc.) but they're killing my hands - and I've still got about a month's worth supply. I want to just throw them out - but then I'll feel guilty about wasting lab supplies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnemosyne Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Huraay for small hands xD

But yes, cutting stuff is fun, I've only ever got to dissect a chicken heart, bit it was facinating. the atria and the ventricles were really clear and I even got to see the valves :la: I love hearts.
I don';t mind gloves, we had these really nice ones at the Dollar Store for doing candy, they were really small so they fit my hands perfectly (which are really small) and the nicest thing was that I could feel thoruh the fabric >.>
Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Dryad
Sponsor: Apollo
Health Bar:
A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue5000/5000A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)

https://athenaeum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Just wait till they stick powder in the gloves. Then they turn evil.

Hearts are fun too - though at my high school Anatomy and Physiology was one of those electives that the seniors who were too scared of physics took because they needed another science credit. And thus the:

"But that doesn't look like a heart!" when we did a pluck (cow heart and lung dissection) *facepalm*

Back to top Go down

Post by Septima Severa Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Waht did they expect to see, a <3 ? Oooh dear.
In my Bio class I was pretty much the one people went to when they didn't know the answer, it qas quite fun. I thoroughly enjoy biology, and the systems and enzymes and bones. I do so love those bones xD

Can't wait to further my education, though it will be terribly difficult and even more frustrating.
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Sponsor: Ares
Health Bar:
A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue500/500A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 pm

Yes. Why yes they did. x.x

I have found it's only frustrating until you find a part that really grabs your attention.

I HATED evolutionary biology (important yes, but once you understand it, it gets quite boring and repetitive) , and it was terrible because the professor was condescending - until we got into the evolution of the nervous system, and how to use evolution to compare stuff. I barely scraped the 4.0 out of that class - but I did it because I grabbed onto what I loved.

But college is certainly fun - for educational reasons, and others XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Septima Severa Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Never had evolutionary biology, I skipped that part. In Canada we had Bio 11 which was all evolution, animals and more so insects and single cellular critters and I took Chem instead. Bi 12 is where the humanly fun started. did Health Sciences too, which I'm glad I did cause we didn't do the integumentary, skeletal and muscular systems in Bi 12. Not a big fan of the first and last, but bones was fun. I taught myself the bones by punching people.

best.
method.
ever.

Now see how humerous that humerus is when it's black and blye *laughs evilly*
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue500/500A chat inside the chat - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Haha. I think I'm gong to have to try that sometime...

We just made clay skeletons. It was rather interesting because we got to discuss politics while we were sculpting - and that was when the US elections were going on - Obama vs McCain. So I remember the some of the bones as which political party they were associated with. The fact that the skull bones were all done by Obama supporters should have been a sign I tell you...

The way sciences worked at my high school was that we had a core requirement that everyone had to do that was Physics (first year), Biology (Second Year), and Chemistry (Third Year). Then you had advanced electives you could do if you had any room. So I did AP Biology my third year, then AP Chemistry and Anatomy and Physiology my fourth. Worst idea ever, because AP Biology was the harder version of Anatomy and Physiology, so I ended up annoying all of the kids who took it their fourth year because they didn't want to do AP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Septima Severa Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:00 pm

With us there was only Health Sciences as an extra kind of science, though we got to choose each year which sicence we'd choose (Though it was only required for grade 11). So I did most of the systems in Health Sciences before going to next semester Bi 12 and doing them all again (after all the molecules). To top it off I'd already had a big part in Holland too, especially the heart and reproductive system was still in my head, half in Dutch. At first that was quite confusing.

So I did annoy some people as well, me being the one who answered most of the questions. But at the same time most didn't have to think quite that hard since I kinda like sounding smart and providing answers xD

Me and my friend Danny did have this rivalry about our marks, which always seemed to be around the same xD Oh good times, I do hope I beat him in the end.
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Nothing like a good rivalry to make things interesting Wink

Though that's got to be pretty tough having half of the stuff memorized in Dutch! I had a Spanish Chem prof. last year so I would always try and talk to him in Spanish after class... Epic fail. But by the end of it my Spanish chemistry vocabulary was huge!

So how's France? Anything interesting happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Septima Severa Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:20 pm

True, even at prom there was some bio talk xD I miss that C:

Espacially the atria, ventricles and the sex hormones were difficult, for they'd been burned into my brain and then I had to relearn everything. By now I can only explain bio things in english xD No Dutch anymore...

France is seriously getting tiresome, or the camping is. I feel so trapped and some days I have really crappy hours. One good thing is that I found this really great way to get to a secret part of the river through a little path in the forest, it's kind of become my retreat in a way.
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Just wait - there are a lot more crazy folk at the universities. My chem friends and I often debate what the best chemical would be to dye all of the fountains on campus purple with at parties.

Well - at least you have a retreat. I'm sorry it's not more fun... Feeling trapped is never good. I used to get that way in the dorms - and if it was too late for me to go wandering around I would start making up stories in my head. I may have been trapped, but Angela wasn't Smile

But if my math is correct it's rather late there. I'm gonna let you get some rest.

Buenas Noches y buenos suenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Septima Severa Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:49 pm

I've been making stories in my head since I could THINK xD But yes I do that too, sometimes I get so absorbed in a simple thing as folding pizza boxes that I look up and half of them are done already!

It's almost two here, but I've been looking up perfume ads for inspiration for another child of boredom, the Goddess' own perfume lines D8
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:13 pm

I HAS INTERNET! *insert awesome smile here*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:07 pm

Bummie love <--- I love that smiley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 am

@Sev - someone has too much time on her hands Shocked . I could imagine Hera, and Aphrodite having their own perfumes, but Artemis, Hestia, and Athena are the three virgin goddesses, so I can only imagine why they would be peddling perfumes...

Bummie love - it is fun!

So why didn't you have internet Adratos? Well - in any case we're glad to have you back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next