The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inner Peace

Go down

Inner Peace Empty Inner Peace

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 pm

This place was so strange....

Very, very strange...

But Genjo liked it.

The new mentor had finished unpacking what little belongings he had in his room and had come to the training sqaure first, liking the compacted sand underneath his feet and he walked to stand in the middle.

The setting was serene and a soft, warm breeze carried new scents of grass and water; fresh, clean smells.

As he stretched to prepare his muscles, his amulet bumped comfortably against his chest and he smiled, concentrating as he went through the motions, calming his mind and body and focusing on his Qi.

The bandages squeezed around his calves and his arms to help with the toning and energy direction, the soft shoes helped his balance and smooth movement and the loose brown pants allowed his skin to breath as his torso got a nice, refreshing dose of sunlight. This place was quite amazing.

((anyone can jump in ^^ ))

Back to top Go down

Inner Peace Empty Re: Inner Peace

Post by Eos Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 pm

((Oh... I would, believe me I would, but I already have three threads going))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
Inner Peace Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Inner Peace Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 am

((Then I think I may join...if you don't mind?))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 am

Course you can ^^ I don't mind at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:57 am

((Well then here goes nothing XD I haven't roleplayed as Ana in an extremely long time))

Anastasia carefully made her way to the Training Square. After recently unearthing her old spear she decided to get some practice in. Especially because she will be needing to get back into shape to keep up with her students in hand-to-hand combat.

She rounded the corner to the entrance into the square, only to find someone else was occupying it. Anastasia noticed it was the new mentor for Hera. She pondered what she could do, yes the square was big enough for more than one person but did she feel like making a few of herself in front of a new fellow mentor. Anastasia gripped her spear tightly and sucked in a breath then made her way to a small spot on the sides where she could practice by herself, out of the way of Genjo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 am

((Don't worry about it 8D ))

Finally stopping by moving his feet together along with his hands in front of his chest, he exhaled a long breath and opened his eyes to see the newcomer that had come to practice by herself.

"Hello there" he spoke softly yet loud enough to be heard, "I see that you have come to practice."

Genjo would keep in his place unless Anastasia wanted his presence or help but he would be pleasant, as was his nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 am

Anastasia was deep in her thoughts but snapped out of it as soon as she heard Genjo speak.

"Oh hello," Anastasia replied then looked to the spear in her hands, "Yes I haven't touched this spear since my tournament which was almost hundred years ago." She offered a small smile after she spoke about one of her worst memories.

Anastasia stood there awkwardly...talking to people wasn't really her forte. "So uh how much of the Haven have you seen since your arrival?" She asked curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:42 am

"Spear is a very good weapon, favoured by my people at the time, very practical even though I have not used one before" Genjo bent down and picked up the plain wooden staff that lay in the dust and used it to lean his weight on it, "just a staff for me I'm afraid."

"I have not seen much Ms Anastasia, if I am honest" The chinese man drew mandarin characters in the sand as he spoke, not taking his eyes from the person he was conversing with. "But from what I have seen, it is a very peaceful place, you would not believe it was an place of battle."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

"Yes I am very fond of the spear. Its much easier to manipulate than a gaudy scyth with its heavy blade," Anastasia said with a grin looking at her spear which was a gift from Poseidon, "Never used a spear? Interesting...you'll have to try sometime." She grinned at him.

"It is very nice here. My favorite spot when I'm not teaching is the lake, its so calm there. Although you'd be surprised how quickly it can change from being peaceful to warlike," Anastasia mumbled the last part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 pm

"I have never held any other weapon than a staff so I am in no position to make a comparison, but I trust your judgement Ms Anastasia" Genjo smiled, continuing to write the characters in the earth, easily twisting the wooden staff and manouvering it. "I may have to try using a spear sometime, I aim to try a lot of new things here."

The pegasus stopped his sentence in the ground and listened thoughtfully to the other mentors words; "The lake? I must go there, I always enjoyed water" He also caught the mumble at the end and gave a sympathetic smile, features soft and caring. "I come from a land where the balance shifted constantly with no real reason, I think I can keep up."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Anastasia grinned, "Just wait for all the shenanigans that occurs here. You'll be apt to try a lot of things." She said with small laugh. Her curiosity struck her as she noticed Genjo was drawing, no writing in the sand. She craned her neck, not to snoop but curiously wondering what it was that he was doing.

"Thats good then that you can keep up. It's hard though, you get close to your warriors and then they're gone after their tournament." Anastasia was about to go into a rant mode, she stopped herself. "Sorry after so long of being a mentor and the constant cycle repeated...it starts to become well painful sometimes."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Genjo smirked, completing the final character of his sentence and placed the staff stationary again. "Well I suppose I'm not too old yet, I'll try and keep up with the children as much as possible"

Noticing that Anastasia was looking at his writing he underlined it and told her what the flowing characters meant.

"It was just a thought, but it spells Peace, Love and Happiness. It means nothing to many but it is comforting to write."

Genjo stopped talking and furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of it being painful to see the children leave and the chinese man knew that they sometimes died in these tournaments and he tapped into his emotional wavelength. "Well I am truly sorry, I do find that it is rather painful to lose someone..."

Trying to change the subject, Genjo once again held his staff securely in his right and and tapped it twice against the dirt, smiling sheepishly. "Would you mind sparring with me, I haven't fought in such a long time and I do not wish to embarass myself in front of my students."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm

"If I at my age can still keep up, I'm sure you will be fine." Anastasia laughed.

"Peace, Love, and Happiness," Anastasia repeated and nodded. She liked it and to hear it she found comforting to herself.

Anastasia noted the change in the subject and was grateful, too much talk of sorrow was not good. "Sure, but no laughing if I end up making a fool of myself." She grinned and pushed her short purple hair out of her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Genjo laughed with her and took hold of the staff with both hands, lowering his centre of gravity and pointing the staff forwards. "I promise I will not laugh Ms Anastasia, if you pay me the same favour" He smiled and rolled his shoulder, muscles tightening and relaxing inside the bandages as he patiently waited with a gentle yet concentrated smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Anastasia grinned, "Alright it's a deal." She herself looked at the spear in her right hand, she twirled it becoming accustomed to it again. In an old habit she cracked her knuckles then got into position. "Are we going with the 'ladies first' rule?" Anastasia cracked a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 pm

"If you wish" Genjo smiled before forgetting something and holding up the palm of his hand. Then he took a deep breath and shut his eyes slightly before putting his hand back on the staff and waiting for a signal that would tip him off that Anastasia had moved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Anastasia tilted her head as she watched Genjo. She thought about how she should go about attacking first....going first was never her thing. Sighing Anastasia gripped the spear tighter, then charger forward not really sure what to expect from the sparr. She took the spear and swung it not really sure what she was aiming for.

((I suck at roleplaying fighting XD So bear with me XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 pm

((Don't worry about it ^^ This is the first time i'v RPed fighting xDD ))

He heard the rush of air, the quickening of a heartbeat and the sound of sand shift underneath the other mentors feet and he moved the thick staff into a block, slipping the staff underneath the spear and the lifting them both into an arc thus trapping the spear into the dirt and then moving swiftly to the side, lowering his height and sweeping the staff along the ground as he went, aiming for Anastasia's ankles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum