The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bookworm.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The bookworm. - Page 2 Empty Re: The bookworm.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am

"We're here," she said carefully, not wanting to say something too offensive to the gods in case she got in trouble, though she really wanted to... "Because a bunch of...for lack of a better word, people, wanted us to be here. They wanted us to be friendly and learn and become companions, so that it would be just that much more interesting for them when they pit us against each other in the arena. All they want is entertainment, bloodshed."

She sighed. Melodramatic maybe, but true, and she'd certainly not hold back when it came to be her turn in the arena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

"..Is that what this is...?" Oni said to the remark of people being pit together. "They....Want us to get along with each other, and in the end, put us together for a match to see who can hurt who, even to the length of killing each other?" Oni was mortified at the though of it. This send his curiosity of the school skywards, invoking his danger senses.

'If this was true...Then...T-then...Oh no, Eri....' Oni's mind was now racing, bringing in images of what could happen between her and himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

She bit her lip. "Well, that's my perspective on it. I like it here, but that always kind of ruins everything for me..."

Jane started feeling bad for speaking so freely, because now Oni seemed seriously bothered. And he had good reason, too. She bowed her head, thinking that she really needed to learn how to keep her mouth shut. But they didn't teach that anywhere...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 am

"Well that...does...complicate things now, knowing that..." Oni looked over to her, with a worry look on his face seeing that her head was hanged down, as if she said something that was more of a secret she was keeping from him.

He cleared his throat, quickly changing his tone. "Well...That just means there's more to this school then what it appears to be, right? Like...The students here, for example, or, or the rooms, the lake, anything." He said, with a rather goofy smile on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Trying to bring the conversation back to something resembling normality, Jane nodded, a small smile coming onto her face as well, despite the rarity of one appearing. "Yeah, this place certainly is full of surprises, isn't it? I mean, before coming here, if you had told me I'd come to a place like this I'd have sent you to an asylum...not that I don't like it here, it's very..." it took her a second to find a good word. "...relaxing? Freeing. Something like that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 am

"It's.....unique, to say the least." Oni sighed, leaning back onto the chair. "Freeing is also a good word. At least to my sister...More opportunity, less restricting to certain events, more...open to everyone around."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:31 am

"Unique is a good word for this place," she said, nodding. "And as for freeing...for me, at least, it means I can let myself go, just sort of...relax. I don't have to work so hard here, it's so nice..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 am

He gave a light chuckle. "Ah yes, not as much work as our world, huh? In a way, doesn't it seem like paradise?" Oni's eyes began to wonder around the library. "So much to do, yes such little time to explore..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 am

"Mmm...I don't know much about paradise," she said. "But, then again, in my time, the concept of paradise has been twisted so far that I wouldn't actually enjoy being there. So yes, I suppose it could be a paradise."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 pm

"As to what I believe my sister feels. She didn't very much like our time line with how they treated women." Oni said, rubbing under his chin. "But I suppose it is good to see her be more free to what she wishes to do then to stay at home all the time and breaking the rules."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 am

"I believe that your sister would break the rules whether they went along with her ideas or not," she said with a small smile. "The difference is how important they are and how far she can go until they are broken."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:16 am

"Unfortunately I would have to agree..." He said rather nervously, scratching behind his head. "Still need to keep an eye on her because of how she acts around others...May not be best suited for others around here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 am

"Well, you can't win everyone over," she said with a shrug. "And that's what you're here for, right? I guess that's what siblings should do."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 am

"Pretty much the reason why I would be here to be by her side." He said, with a content sigh. "Can't leave her alone to even cook by herself without making a mess. But yes, something siblings do." He chuckles from his remark. "But I digress, I am a bit still uncertain about the conditioning here, but as long as my sister is here, I will have to get use to it and try my best on my end to grow up with her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:48 am

Jane nodded, tilting her head to the side slightly. "She's lucky to have a brother that's willing to do this for her, then," she said. "And you two are lucky to have someone you know while you live here. That helps when you're trying to make new friends."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 am

"As well as trying to find something common with others..." Oni said, glancing over to her. "Trying to go out and find others is one thing, relating to them is another. Some find it easier to just go out, run about and spell your whole story, while others tend to be more personal, trying to find the few that they are alike. However it comes down to, I believe, personality would ultimately decide whether the person is a good friend or not."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:20 am

"You have a point there," she said. "Two people can be as different as ever, but can still get on. Though having similarities certainly helps."

[ Sorry, I'm focusing intently on villainy right now and being a generally good person is difficult ><; ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:22 am

(Bwahaha +w+ Take your time, being evil is fun~)

"Indeed it is." Oni takes note of the topic. "Similarity sticks together, but opposite attracts."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 am

"...except for when opposites are those who hate each other and would do anything to get at their nemesis," she said thoughtfully. "Your whole archetypal hero-villain relationship. But that's when things can get really scary."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:38 am

"As well as those who are similar with the whole villain 'take over the world' thing. Hardly doubt they would want to do a 'get together' and share." Oni leaned back, unfolding his thoughts with Jane. "All with exceptions, as we all know. Some will get along just fine, but some wouldn't want to be near the few."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 am

"Sometimes, exceptions are so irritating," she said. "I mean, think of it, whether its languages, stereotypes, or what, there will always be exceptions, which makes life so much more complicated than it needs to be. But then again..." Jane paused, with a slight smile on her face. "It also makes life interesting."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 am

"Mmm..." Oni looked over to her, shifting to her direction. "This is very true. Out there...Out everywhere I suppose, with everyone being here from a different timeline and such, has many, unique individuals who are just like us in a way...And a few who are the polar opposites. But even with all that, there are the few who can understand us and wishes to be around. They can be human, or with a nature just like our own, or perhaps a sort of animal human creature. Anything that our minds could imagine....I suppose."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 am

Jane nodded, thinking about this for a second. "But still...I like it in here much better, even if I haven't found anyone who really understands me as well as I would like, I've had better luck in here than where I came from."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 am

"Well when everything comes to one place, that is true...Could be said to about anyone here." He leaned back into the chair he's in. "But of course...We all think differently, as you know."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 pm

"Yeah, that Danish guy doesn't seem too happy to be here," she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum