The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dungeon... really?

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Dungeon... really? Empty The Dungeon... really?

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Eos stumbled into the infirmary with the help of Adonia. He was still a little embarassed that he needed the help. He was used to doing things on his own, and being alone. Someone helping just felt weird. But then again his arm wouldn't even be burned if he hadn't helped her. And if his arm worked properly in the first place he would have been able to dodge that fire-ball... but the last time his left hand could make it above his head was 1000+ years.

He realized he would have to get used to people... and mentors, and students if he was going to teach at the Athenaeum, and since he was immortal that could be a very long time.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
The Dungeon... really? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Dungeon... really? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

The Dungeon... really? Empty Re: The Dungeon... really?

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Adonia staggered into the infirmary, holding up her teacher. Looking around for her friend Iva.

"Iva!" she called out. "Are you there?" Not hearing a reply, she muttered "she must be out collecting herbs at the moment..." she sighed. "We can't just leave a burn like that unattended though." she said in a business-like tone, practically dragging him over to one of the examining tables.

"Sit down" she commanded, making sure he was steady enough, with the table to support him, before she glided over to Iva's stores of herbs.

She was taking private lessons with the healer in traditional medicine, and had recently learned about some remedies for burns.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
The Dungeon... really? Left_bar_bleue380/400The Dungeon... really? Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Eos sat like ADonia told him. And stared at her curiously, what was she doing?

((uh fail whale XD))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
The Dungeon... really? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Dungeon... really? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Adonia gulped, her back still turned to him so he wouldn't see her face turn red as she said,

"Sir, I'll need to cut part of your sleeve off... around the burn... its burned onto your skin in a couple places.... and... and then you'll need to take the rest of the shirt off... otherwise its just going to be in my way while I'm cleaning it up a bit for Iva."

As she felt the blush die down from her face, she turned holding a bowl filled with the various tools she needed to patch him up enough to wait for Iva. She walked over, stoically to set the bowl down.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
The Dungeon... really? Left_bar_bleue380/400The Dungeon... really? Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Eos stared at her... really?

"Really?" But he sighed and pulled off his shirt, careful not to let it tough the burn that ran from his wrist to the middle of his bicep ((drools)) He was thankful it wasn't his right arm that was burned. He wondered what Adonia must have thoguht when she saw all his old scars, like the one covereding most of his left shoulder, making it mostly numb, except when he tried to move his left arm farther than a ninty degree angle with the rest of his body, then it would shoot electric like pain into his arm and torso. And the smaller flay marks that were all ove his back.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Adonia was surprised when he complied so easily. She had expected another show of temper like all the other times she had helped, but she certainly wasn't complaining. She turned her attention to unloading the supplies from her bowl as he took of his shirt so as to give him at least a bit of privacy.

As she summoned some water from a nearby faucet, she turned to look and see if he was done yet, and the water she was summoning fell rather abruptly to the floor. Muttering an apology, she turned away to summon a new batch from the faucet and into the bowl, hurrying to clean up the spilled water.

She had not expected to see so many scars on him, and vaguely wondered what could have happened; but sensing this was not the topic to be focusing on at the moment, she stood and came back to him swallowing her fear of his possible... "manly rage." ((bricked))

"S-so.. you can either sit or lie down depending on your preference...." she said quietly as she soaked a clean cloth in the water to help clean up the burn and fetched a pair of tweasers for pulling off the bits of cloth that had burned to his arm.

"I warn you though... whichever one you choose... make sure its the one that will keep you the most still. I don't want to end up stabbing you by accident with these if you flinch while I'm working." she said matter-of-factly, gesturing to the tweasers.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 pm

"W-what are you doing with those?" he asked, glareing at the tweasers. Normaly he wouldn't be intimidated by such things... but hard sharp-ish metal + burned skin did not sound like a good combination. And not flinching? That was pretty much impossible for his left arm, now he found himself wishing his other side had been burned.

"Can you just skip the cleaning part," he said. Imagining the tweasers digging into his burned skin and his arm wanting to move, and the electric pain shooting farther than usual. He rubbed is left shoulder with his right hand.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Adonia gave him a stare so icy it could freeze boiling water in July. "Certainly," she said moodily, her hands on her hips. "If you'd like those bits and pieces of thread burned into your arm to get infect, fester and possibly have your arm amputated, be my guest."

Her eyes scanned the large scar on his left shoulder for a moment before asking. "Is there something else about your arm that is bothering you?... something I should know before attempting delicate work?" she asked with a slight gulp, looking at the gnarled, burnt flesh along his arm.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 pm

"My arm hasn't exactly worked right in a while. It flinches... somtimes... a lot when I'm trying to do something with it, like keep in still. I can't move it fully either," he tried explaining to her.

((Oh gawds!! Not infection, I have a fear of infection ever since I read a certain graphic novel where my favorite character dies of gangreen, I always put peroxide on cuts and neosporine... and a bandaid... and not like that happens a lot because I am clumsy or anything... I'm really really graceful... like a gazell.))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Adonia listened carefully, gulping as she realized what she would have to do. Praying that he would not flip out she finally squeaked out. "W-would you prefer for me to tie it down for you? T-that way you can't flinch away and I'm less likely end up stabbing you while I'm getting all this," she picked up his shirt for a reference, "out of your arm."

((I can be that way too.... but usually, I just shrug it off.. I'm like my Mom that way XD I'm fairly graceful... I have a natural tendency towards dance, but I do tend to stub my toes and bang my shins a lot when I'm tired XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Tied down weren't words Eos particullarly liked, but then again...

"Alright," he said. "Be careful please," he added staring into her liquid purple eyes.

((Oh uhm... all that graceful stuff was sarcasm... I lot of sarcasm))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:54 pm

"Allright then... you'll need to lie down then..." she muttered, internally sighing with relief when he didn't erupt at the suggestion. Her head suddenly perked up as she thought of something.

"Hang on.. I'll be right back... maybe I can help ease the pain in your arm a bit while I work on it." she said gliding over to the cabinet once more and digging around among the bottles an such.

((Pfffff I know... Imma just being facetious XD... hope I spelled that right ^Wink)

Last edited by Achlys Adonia Argyris on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : S)
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Eos swallowed, and his own saliva hurt going down. Oh noes! He laid down on the cot ((?)) and stared at the wall, waiting for his 'doctor' to clean his wound.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Adonia came back over to her teacher's side, carrying a small bottle and a few soft straps of leather for his arm, locating a small pull out table top on the side of the bed. She then turned to him holding the small bottle up to show him.

"Iva told me about this" she said hesitantly. ((not really... haven't got that after in RPing lessons with her yet, but eh, I'm making this up as I go XD)) "Its a tonic for pain... I can't give you much of it, but I can give you a couple spoonfuls to try and help with the discomfort a bit if you like..."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Eos' cheeks got darker again.

"No that's fine," he said not looking at her. "Just make sure I can't move my arm." He didn't want to use up the pain meds, they would need that for the warriors, they were bound to get hurt more than him. ((With Kal around Eos I think you should save those pain meds for yourself... Uh.. I mean... *bricked*))
And he really didn't need them, not like he felt pain like a normal person.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Adonia looked skeptical but set the bottle aside. "Its here if you change your mind" she said quietly with a gulp. "Well then... lets get started shall we?"

She swallowed hard before gently taking his arm and moving it to rest on the table top she had pulled out of the side of the cot and gently, but firmly tied his arm at the wrist, elbow, and just below the deltoid (shoulder) muscle. "Is that too tight?" she asked, not wanting to cause him more pain. he did not look at him as she turned to pick up the tweezers and the cool, wet cloth.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Eos closed his eyes... tight.

"It's fine," he said meaning the straps. He just wanted to get this over with. He idly wondered what this scar would look like... he was collecting quiet a few, as he waited for Adonia to continue.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Adonia swallowed again and suddenly had a thought. grabbing a small wooden dowel from a side table, she held it out to Eos saying, "If the pain get too bad, bite on this... Don't want you biting off your tongue as well" she gulped.

She then took the cloth and began to gently wipe away the grime and blood from the earlier battle in the dungeons, wincing as she felt the gnarled skin underneath the cloth shifting.

She them began to slowly go along his arm starting with his wrist, looking for stray bits of fabric from his shirt sleeve, her face mere inches from his arm as she worked... so close in fact that she could smell the lingering scent of burnt flesh.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:28 am

((Eww... hey... that was his favorite shirt))

His eyelids tightened when Adonia started wiping away the dead skin and bigger things. Fff, but the cloth was wet with cool water, and after she was done with that every time she pulled something from his skin he felt... looser, his skin felt cooler. Except when things were really deep and burned in, then bit down on the dowel, hard.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:36 am

Adonia noticed his eyelids tighten from time to time and she could hear his teeth sinking into the wood of the dowel every once in a while. She winced as she heard him bite down particularly hard saying "Sorry.... how are you holding up?"

She had reached his elbow and was fiddling with a particularly stubborn piece of thread. "You might want to hang on to something... this might sting" she said, finally having to resort to pulling the thread out by yanking on the end, quickly pressing the cool cloth over it to calm the pain she was sure would come from that.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 am

He wondered how he was supposed to answer her while holding a wooden dowel in his mouth. Wait hold onto.. hold onto wha- MOTHERFU-!! He thought and yelped something that sounded like, "MHUUUFU!"

((I love him C: then why am I so mean to him? XD))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 am

Adonia nearly jumped out of her skin, her head jerking back as he let out a yelp, dropping the tweezers as she scrambled up to check on him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she said frantically, holding his shoulders down to keep him from pulling his injured arm.

((Cause he's so cute when he's pissed XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 am

Everything f-ing hurt. His arm especially, but even his stomach, his neck, his shoulders... his mucles protested loudly as they all tried to instinctivly to push him away from his left arm at the same time. F*ck, he thought rather loudly.

((He never had anger issues before I turned him into an AoW chara. XD And indeed he is cute.))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:08 am

((I almost want to bring Iva in on this...but Adona is doing so well XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:10 am

((Please save him :'D))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next