The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Music.

Go down

Making Music. Empty Making Music.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am

((Just want to show everyone this is here, cool rite 8D))

Adelphie brought out her harp and sat on the first step in the band room. She was well aware that she was, in fact, stalling on the inevitable, but might as well do it with something useful, which was harp practice. Her particular harp was one of French origin. A warrior on his last day at the Athenaeum had given it to Mnemosyne before entering the tournament and, well, he had lost. Adelphie had loved the sound the harp made and claimed it as her own.

So she sat, the massive instrument before her, plucking the strings to the notes of a song she knew well, it was a song another warrior had taught her, a human as well, with a knack for playing the piano. It was from a guy with a silly name, all she remembered was that it had a 'Bell' in it, so she usually just called it Canon by Bell. She could play it on the violin as well (A music instrument that had been in the storage for a very long time before Adelphie, age 11, had dug it up and gone around the whole Athenaeum trying to find someone who could teach her to play) but she found it sounded a bit lonesome when played by just one violin. Hans (the warrior who both taught her Canon and violin) said that it was made to be played with three violins, but Adelphie could only imagine the sound it would produce, as far as she knew she was the only one who could play.

She plucked the strings, letting her hands go about their melodic dance as the rich sounds vibrated through the room and into her very self. Music lifted her up, making her forget about everything. Well, almost everything. She closed her eyes and imagined how it would be like at Zeus' court, playing for the divine lord himself, having him praise her music...

((Yes, she's playing Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D ))

Back to top Go down

Making Music. Empty Re: Making Music.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Sylphaea walked slowly down the hall, her hand sliding softly across the walls to guide her, careful not to trip. She liked the winds, they help tell directions and let her find her way although she was blind.

She had heard a beautiful music coming from down the hall, thus her reason for coming here. The tune became louder and louder as she drew closer, and she heard the finer, soft notes of the harp which couldn't be heard from far. She smiled at the beauty of the piece.

When she entered the room, the music stopped. Adelphie ceased playing and looked up at her nervously.

"I'm sorry. Did I startle you?" Sylphaea quickly apologized. "I'm Sylphaea, but you can call me 'Sylphie'. ...Please continue playing--your music was very beautiful. I can feel your soul pour out as you play it. It stirred my very own soul."

Adelphie smiled warmly at Sylphie. She then closed her eyes and continued plucking the strings, filling the air with music. Sylphie couldn't resist to join in, so she sat next to her and began accompanying Adelphie with her Panflute. She just knows the best notes to go with Adelphie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 pm

((Be careful, what you're doing right now is godmodding. In a roleplay you just control your character and I control mine. It's alright though, everyone has to learn C:))

Adelphie startled when a girl suddenly entered the room, accidentally pulling a wrong string in the process, giving off a nasty false note. She did continue playing as the girl bade her however, but her whole daydream was shattered, and she found herself blushing at the thought, she hoped the girl wouldn't see!

Soon she opened her eyes again as another sound mixed with hers. She looked at the girl, Sylphie, had started playing her panflute. She realized that the girl couldn't see anything, which both relieved her as well as made her pity the poor thing. The notes matched her perfectly, creating a bit of the Canon it was supposed to be.

Adelphie plucked the last notes of the song and smiled up at the girl, forgetting she couldn't see. "My name is Adelphie, you play the flute beautifully!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 pm

(OoC: So sorry >.<!! I got a bit confused because another RP-ing site allows it :/... Thanks for telling! XD)

"Why, thank you, Adelphie," Sylphie said with a smile, "I also like the passion with which you play. Not many can bring out their true emotions in their music."

"I only play the music written by my friends and me on ancient instruments... But your song... Although it's very different from anything I've heard before, it was really soul-stirring. Would you mind teaching me how to play it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 pm

((Nah don;t worry about it =3 Just a fair warning ))

"Thank you," Adelphie murmured, she wasn't very good with compliments. "Well, a former warrior here left the sheet music, he taught how to read notes and play them, but that won't work for you, will it?"

Adelphie thought for a second, how could she teach the girl music she couldn't see. And Adelphie didn't play any wind instruments, only stringed ones. She knew exactly how strings worked, how to make a simple wound string vibrate to create the most beautiful sound, from lyres to harps to violins, but she knew nothing of pipes. So that's what she said.

"I know little about flutes, especially panflutes, but I can teach you the melody. Do you use the same note recognition as I do? Do-Re-Mi?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Tahi was walking through the corridors of the Athenaeum, when a breeze blew past her. Inclining her head, she let her magic fill her, and listened to what it was carrying. What she heard was beautiful - classical harp music. Pachelbel? Tahi smiled - there were only a few people that she knew of at the Athenaeum who were good at playing classical music, and only one of them favored the harp - her surrogate baby sister Adelphie. Tahi and Adelphie had more or less grown up together - seeing as Kal wasn't the best when it came to raising young girls, and Mnem was very motherly to a young, more or less orphaned Tahi.

She was extremely fond of the young girl - and more than a little worried about her. Lately she had become more reclusive, and Tahi could get very little out of the winds about her. And when that happened, there was usually one of the Great Three Gods involved.

That on its own normally didn't mean anything too bad. If anything it meant she should stick her nose out of whatever was happening, if only for her own good. But Adelphie - no matter what Artemis had done to her - was still a Nephelae, and the only one of the Great Three who sponsored Nephelae (besides that screwy thing with Hades and Kamoa), was Zeus. And neither Tahi nor her brother liked Zeus very much. So Tahi worried.

But it did no good to show that she was worried - or the young girl might get suspicious. Tahi decided she might as well check up on Adelphie, and folowed the breeze to the music room, a newer room filled with all sorts of instruments. She was about to enter the room when the music stopped, and she heard voices. Hmm.. One of the voices she didn't recognize. Maybe I should just listen for a bit, she thought, leaning against the wall outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm

((x3 Aww, thanks ^^))

"Yeah, sure! Do-re-mi will do just fine," Sylphie giggled excitedly.

"I know, I can't read those musical notes... But if you play it a little slowly, I think I'll be able to recognize most of the notes."

"Thank you, Adelphie."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum