The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cedric and Eien's Room

Go down

Cedric and Eien's Room Empty Cedric and Eien's Room

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am

Eien was quite a hyperactive prankster. He can be quite lazy, too, sometimes. But contrary to everyone's belief, his room was actually kept tidy at all times.

The bed was neatly done. The clothes chest nearby contained his brightly colored chitons (compared to the normally gloomy and dark Underworld colours a Lampad would wear, his can be considered 'bright').

The shelves are special, keeping a few reference books and encyclopedias about mythology and history. They had been Eien's main sources of inspiration whenever he wanted to make something. The rest of the shelves was stuffed full with papers, sketches, and sketchbooks, along with some paint, brushes, and other stationery that may be required for crafting and drawing.

Eien also stuck some of his sketches on the wall next to the bed. They depicted whatever he's interested in at the moment and his friends in the Athenaeum. There are some sketches of Kamoa, the mentor for Hades and Persephone, his Gods.

Parhelion, Eien's sword, leaned against the corner of the room, the blade gleaming in the light. He knew that weapons should be kept in the Armory, but this sword was precious to him, so he was unwilling to part with it. In the end, the Mentors let him have his way.

Eien stretched lazily on his bed and yawned. It was his fourth year and he still haven't got a roommate, ever. The Mentors are kind of afraid that he'll set his roommate on fire due to his 'quirks'. But after some negotiations, they decided that they'll think about it. So the bored Lampad waited patiently. He'd better get ready to move rooms if it's necessary. But for now, he's alone.

"Well, nothing I can do about it."

He left his bed and decided to just sketch some more.

Last edited by Eien Flereus on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cedric and Eien's Room Empty Re: Cedric and Eien's Room

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Cedric walked to the warrior's headquarters. The walk to he library was more richier then he would ever thought, especially when you enconter a pegasus and a lampad? He was still slightly confused about what those were. And the argument between them, him and the other human lady was quite the talk. He enjoyed so much he had a smile on his face while he walked.

As he entered, he noticed that everything was different or at least, different from when he left it. He heard that he was getting a roommate soon but this soon? He wasn't expecting. He stepped inside, still unaware of the new guy's presence and looked around. It was incredibly tidy and that was one point positive. The shelves were filled with interesting books, making him think that his roomie would be a literate and intelligent character.

He glanced over to the sword and kneeled to it, not daring to touch. It was incredibly beautiful and the light reflected on it, making it easy to gaze it for a long time. As he turned his back to the sword, he soon noticed the figure standing near the secretary, writing? "Oh, hello mister. You must be my roommate." he bowed and introduced himself "I'm sorry to disturb but I'm Cedric, Cedric Oswald and I'm amazed with the amount of books you have!" he said, while approaching Eien, noticing he wasn't writing. He was sketching.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Eien glanced back when he heard Cedric's quiet but gentle voice. He gasped and quickly hid the pink marker he was holding, sliding his sketch (yet another one of Kamoa) under a book on the table. Then he stood up to face Cedric.

"R-Roommate? ...Oh! So they've finally decided!" Eien said as his cheerfulness overtook his nervousness. He welcomed his roommate warmly with a wide grin.

"I'm Eien Flereus, a Lampad of Hades. It's nice to finally meet you. Welcome to your new room!"

The Lampad glanced a little uncomfortably at the row of Kamoa sketches stuck on the wall behind Cedric, hoping that he wouldn't see them. He never thought that his new roommate will move in before the Mentors informed him, so he had no chance to clean up.

"Hey, Cedric, you look happy."

---

OoC: Wait a sec, I'm a bit confused -__-"... Does this room belong to Cedric first or Eien first? And had Cedric decorated his side of the room? (lol Describe it. I really wanna know XDDD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am

((Well, Cedric showed up first so part of the room is his xD Oh god, describing a room @_@I really hate that. Well, he also has a shelf full of books, written in foreign languages, especially from his Era. He doesn't hold any weapons in the room and there's a closet will all his victorian clothing together with a big mirror. He's a simple guy :3))

"Oh I didn't meant to startle you!" Cedric quickly said as he noticed that Eien hid his sketch. Was it a woman that he was sketching? He just shrugged his shoulders, it was none of his business.

"Good to meet you Mister Eien." he said, stretching his hand for a hand shake. "Oh, so you are a lampad. I was wondering if you were human or a lampad. I'm a Human of Hermes, probably his only warrior." gosh, he hated using that word but there was no other to be found in his mind.

Cedric glanced around the walls still with a pathetic smile on his face and snapped out of it when he heard Eien's voice "Oh, yes. The amount of books you own is remarkable! I'm impressed! I've got some books on my own but these are ancient!" he said, pointing at his shelf and soon heading to Eien's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 am

((lol That's a simple but nice room Smile. Overall, the entire room sounds comfortable~ :3. Ok, so it was Ced's room and then Eien moved in a few moments ago Smile))

"Please, just call me 'Eien'," he replied, impressed at his roommate's politeness. The Lampad smiled in gratitude to Cedric's praise, "Those books mostly encyclopedias about history and mythology. They really tell you a lot!"

He was proud of his collection; they give really detailed paintings and information about the creatures and the Gods of various cultures and religion around the world. He got them from the History and Myth class--they're either old unused books or double copies that the Mentors didn't need.

The Lampad couldn't help smirking--some of them are actually stolen from the library. (It's a huge place, so Sylipha the Librarian couldn't tell if one or two books from the corner disappeared... But she's sure to get real mad if she found out!)

"The ones on the next row are actually my sketchbooks," Eien continued, frankly forgetting about the sketches on the wall.

"I took a quick glance at your collection. I should point out that I'm interested to browse through some of them if I'm allowed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Even though it was slightly uncomfortable for Cedric to call others by their names only, he thought that it would be the best. Informality was one way for friendship, right? And maybe others could get uncomfortable too if he always added the Mister or Miss. "Okay, Eien it is. What a peculiar name you have." he grinned, thinking the variety of names there were.

Cedric approached his eyes from some titles and his eyes opened wide "Impressive! There are books here which are thought to be lost for ever! I'm starting to think I'm going drive insane with the amount of information I can have from here."

It wasn't everyday that we could see strange mythological creatures and take a glance at ancient books. This was indeed a good day! He turned to Eien and casted a gentle smile "Sure, as long as you let me take a peek at these relics, we are even." he said with a nod and then taking a look at the sketch wall.

"Wow, I can see you have an inspiring muse. Great drawings." Cedric complimented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 am

Eien chuckled when his name was said to be 'peculiar', "Haha, I remembered my mother saying that it had a beautiful meaning..." He sighed wistfully when he thought about the moment, "But that was so long ago, when I was very little. I'm afraid I've quite forgotten that meaning..."

Cedric continued browsing through the books and Eien's cheerfulness returned due to his compliments, along with the permit to see his books, too. 'Ancient books' for Cedric, but 'new books' to him.

The Lampad was still smiling sheepishly to himself when his roommate complimented on the wall sketches, making him jump in surprise. He replied nervously, "Uhh, I--I guess so-- I mean, yeah, thanks!"

Eien stared at the Kamoa sketches which had covered practically half the wall. He didn't even remember ever drawing that many! Now he can only hope Cedric won't label it an obsession... He waited for a reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm

"Oh, so you haven't see your mother in a long time, I assume." he suggested, rubbing his chin. Cedric, himself was in a time of his life were he shouldn't depend so much on his parents but he still see them.

Seeing that the deal was made, Cedric smiled happily. Good! Some more to read! Now he was thrilled! Better then a trip to the library!

He had seen the woman in Eien's sketches somewhere. Was she a warrior at the Athenaeum? Perhaps a mentor? "Who's your muse? I've seen this lady somewhere around."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 am

"Yeah... I never knew my father. My mother was a Nephelae, somehow ending up in the Underworld. But it was not her time yet, so Hades wanted to send her back. But Hecate objected. I was just born at that time, and with their duty as her servants, Lampads were creatures of the Underworld that shouldn't be roaming free outside. So she decided to let my mother stay a little longer."

"When I'm old enough to begin serving Hecate, my mother had to return to her world and I should stay in mine. I never saw her again after that..."

Eien realized that his emotions had gotten the better of him. So he tried to cheer up again, saying with enthusiasm, "Hehe, I'll try my best to remember what my name means!"

The Lampad almost bit his tongue at Cedric's remark on the sketches, taking a step backward with the expression of a cornered puppy. He's still doubtful about telling several things to others.

"N-No! I don't think you had. It's---It's just my imagination! Right--purely my imagination!!" he stuttered out, just throwing in everything that comes to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Cedric listened carefully as Eien explained his family situation. A nephalae? Like a wind nymph, like those that were on the books? This was indeed a magical place...

"I'm sorry to hear that. My family situation is not that difficult." he replied and seeing that Eien tried to cheer himself up, he smiled the more. He was indeed a very outgoing guy. "You will, I'm sure you will! I'll be cheering for you." he promised with a gentle smile on his lips.

Seeing the embarrassement of the Lampad, Cedric chuckled lightly "Don't worry. I won't tell anybody. Everybody has his inspiring muse."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:18 am

"Thanks! You're really the best roommate I can ever hope to get!" Eien said as he sighed in relief.

"Well... Any plans for the day? I think I wanna go out and check out the rest of the Athenaeum. I haven't really been out of the Warrior's Quarters much...," the Lampad scratched his head, looking away with slight embarrassment.

"I know," he perked, "give me a suggestion about which place I should visit first!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 am

"Why, thank you Eien." Cedric bowed, happy for the compliment. He wasn't so bad, quite a nice guy!

About his question, Cedric rubbed his chin while thinking. "Well, I just came back from the library, it's an incredible place! But I would also look around other places, like outside or so. What do you think?" he suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:27 pm

"The library's real good for reference books. Umm, I kinda like the Fields, too. But I haven't visited the rest of the Athenaeum Grounds yet. What about the Lake, Forest or Garden? Wanna go out together?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:39 pm

"I heard from Master Hermes that the Gardens are an increbidle place to be. It has numerous types of flowers" he said with a smile and nodded "Yes, I will be glad to join you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:42 pm

"Sounds good to me. Let's go!" the Lampad said cheerfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 am

++A few days later++

+++

Eien was seated at his desk, stealing glances at Cedric.

'Fringe... Glasses... Hee-hee...'

He mumbled quietly to himself as he doodled his roommate's face on his bomb shells with his markers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:26 am

Cedric was reading a book about the greek and roman mythology, standing in front of the shelf for a quick reading. He felt some eyes staring at him and turned his head slowly to his roommate, Eien, that was staring at him.

"...Hmm... Eien?" he said, adjusting his glasses with a clueless look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Darn, he was caught staring.

"Yes, Ced?" he asked, feigning innocence, not really hiding what he was doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Cedric was still blinking his eyes and looked at what Eien was doing.

"Are you decorating spheres?" he asked, not noticing they were bombs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:55 pm

"Yeah, sort of... But it's actually something more dangerous," he said, grinning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 am

"Dangerous?" Cedric frowned lightly as he approached the more and grabbed one of the "balls". He then noticed that this one had Eien's face and blinked his eyes "B-bombs?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum