The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just reading.

2 posters

Go down

Just reading. Empty Just reading.

Post by Septima Severa Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Severa sat in one of the far corners of the library, somewhere between shelves where she hoped to gain some privacy, and perchance hide herself from the eyes of the ever-unpopular Gorgon. She was reading a bound copy of the "Canterbury Tales", a rather amusing collection of short stories all fitting into one.

Lately she had taken it onto herself to read whenever time permit it. She had just sustained a rather nasty ankle injury as she'd made a wrong step on a rock. It was just a minor sprained ankle, but it was unpleasant nevertheless. Training was out of the question, so bookworming it was.

For one thing, Severa found the tales of other ages extremely interesting. These were the things that came to be centuries after her lifetime! She would never get to chance to read it again, and she'd forget it even existed if she'd lose the tournament, but for now it was something she enjoyed doing, and so would. It was still only the prologue she was reading, but she already thought that the Friar was her favourite, though the Wife of Bath was a very interesting character as well...
Septima Severa
Septima Severa
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Sponsor: Ares
Health Bar:
Just reading. Left_bar_bleue500/500Just reading. Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Just reading. Empty Re: Just reading.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

((Oh, I liked the Canterbury tales!~ My favorite dude was the Pardoner, even though he's like the worst of them all xD;
I'm not sure if I should join you, I need to go to bed >3>; ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm

(( I may be slightly biased in that I had to memorize, and publicly recite the first 100 lines of the prologue in the Middle English, and then wrote a 9 page paper on feminism in Chaucer's works (thank you wife of bath), but I have serious issues with the Canterbury tales! But I liked the character of the Clerk - because he was awesome. And I'm sure you could have fun comparing the Cook with your favorite Cook. And the friar was pretty funny...))

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnemosyne Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:55 pm

((We only really had to read the prologue for Lit, and I really enjoyed the wau Chauser set the characters as stereotypes of who they are and their flaws. We had to create our own Canterbury character too, which was fun, except rhyming like Chauser isn't D8

Anyway you'd be surprised to know that my favourite cook is, in fact, my favourite cook now >.>))
Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Dryad
Sponsor: Apollo
Health Bar:
Just reading. Left_bar_bleue5000/5000Just reading. Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)

https://athenaeum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down